Menu
crazyoldtomcat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4G or not to 4G

3 G is becoming obsolete welcome 4G 

But what they have forgot to tell anyone it's going to cost more if you pay monthly ie £5 will not exist after february and will cost £6 as  this is the minimum rate for 4 G for as they call it a better service i didn't ask for 4 G the only people it benefits is virgin mobile and all they have to say is you can download this and that with 4G

The TV advert likes you to think you're getting something for free 

So they can stick it

They have made enough money out of me

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G or not to 4G

Since when is 3G becoming obsolete? It will be a long time with us, even 2G is still around.

No one is forcing people to move. My daughter is on Virgin 3G simply because 99% of her use is phone calls or texts and she has no need of higher data speeds for the 1% of time she uses the internet.

It's horses for courses

0 Kudos
crazyoldtomcat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to watch  tv 

my other half received her new sim card  and it said not more 3 g 

you must know more than virgin 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

crazyoldtomcat wrote:

you must know more than virgin 

Believe me, that's not hard.

3G is going nowhere at the moment.

If you want 4G change to 4G - Simples

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are changing some of the older SIM cards to 4G compatible ones, but they aren't forcing a tariff change with that. Only if you choose to change your tariff will you move to 4G.

I'd just point out that the old £5 3G tariff has 250 minutes and 250MB data in the plan, whereas the £6 4G version has 300 minutes and 300MB data (and currently has 600MB data due to the double data offer). So although the minimum 4G plan is more per month, it comes with more allowances.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
crazyoldtomcat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First of all i've have been a customer with Virgin for about 20 + years like dial up speed and  from 2 megabytes  to 70 + megabytes

tec moves on

But what i have learnt over the years is that i take it with a pinch of salt  (shall we say ) with what they say  

this is what i do know first you have to be a pain to get a discount of any kind unless your family or friends of virgin   as we pay for the discounted services for  new customers   its all down to the customer services if you get any discount 

they have just sent me a 4g sim card for 5.00 per month which includes rollover what i have left etc  

checked my bill and it was £6.30 per month phoned up again and the were very helpful and reduced it to £5.00 as advertised as it should have been always check your bill  

I do not work for for virgin or have any connection with Virgin or other parts of their company family or friends 

4G Explained

4G is the fourth generation of mobile phone technology. Some people may know this as LTE (Long-Term-Evolution). It's the next step in the evolution of mobile data and is replacing our 3G technology, making access to the intern...

Please be polite to the call centre in the philippines there just doing there job and you wont get any were by  losing the plot 

0 Kudos