Menu
maccman23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4G or not 4G?

Are Virgin ever going to do 4G in the merseyside area? Time to find a different sim only contract
Tags (1)
FoyleFlyer
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G or not 4G?

I'm beginning to think that way myself! The last I heard a couple of months ago was that only business customers were being offered 4G and that VM had no plans to make it available to ordinary customers in the near future. It's a silly situation when your brother can get 4G on BT but he hasn't got a 4G ready mobile while I have a 4G mobile and only get 3G on VM.
Samsung UE55HU8500 Curved 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart TV; Samsung WAM250 Wireless Audio Hub; 2 x Samsung M5 Medium Wireless Audio Multiroom Speakers; Onkyo HTX-22 HDX 5.1; Sky HD+ Box; VM Tivo (+ add box); WD TV Live Hub Media Centre 1Tb; Samsung BD ES6000E; Bose Wave Music System ll with Wave iPod dock; Chromecast; iPod Touch; SG Note 10.1; SG Tab S 8.4" LTE; SG Note 5; VM BB 200Mb;
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's down to the deal the VM made with EE some time back.

I'm reading today that EE's take over by BT is going to get the go ahead very soon. That may make changes to the playing field. However I would not expect to see 4G on Virgin any time soon. 

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Somewhere on this forum is a post from Virgin saying that they have currently No intention of supplying 4G to domestic customers (business users have 4G)

It bl***y awful that they will not bite the bullet on the 4g costs, but as enlli mentioned Bt will only delay the matter if it was ever going to be resolved.

Bt could not stop this as the regulator would step in, so it 100% up to Virgin not willing to pay out sadly.

maccman23
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I'll have to go elsewhere then. Thanks for the info and replies
0 Kudos
bulldog
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i made an inquiry about this a few weeks ago and was told by vm that they are looking into 4g but its not going to come yet if anything it be another year but if you are an business customer your ok

http://www.4g.co.uk/virgin-mobile-4g-coverage-network-summary/
0 Kudos