Menu
JBetts97
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G on iPhone 6 not working

I have upgraded to a 4G contract and had a new sim and have an iPhone 6 which is capable of 4G however I only see 3G on top of my phone and never see 4G
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G on iPhone 6 not working

If it is a new upgrade you won't get 4G until your refresh date.

If that is past then I suggest you ring 789

0 Kudos
JBetts97
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks enlli,

Yes it refreshed today and I got a text message to say that my 4G contract has now started and when I view my account it says that I have my new data allowance, so it should work.

I'll try calling 789 later and see if they know what it is. I'll also try maybe resetting my phone once i've backed up everything that I want to keep.

0 Kudos
gavsky
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exact same issue happening to me (on iPhone 7). Got new 4G Sim, refresh date was a few days ago, followed by Virgin SMS confirming yesterday all was changed to the new network speed etc. Nothing has changed, I remain on 3G. Re-setting all mobile carrier settings has not done anything for me. Looks like a phone call to support team will be needed, I can't find any solutions to this anywhere.

0 Kudos
andiem1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue.  You may have already tried but I found I had to go into Settings - Mobile Data Options - Voice & Data and then Select 4G

0 Kudos