Menu
J0hn
Super solver
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

4G network upgrade

Any official update on the impending 4G network upgrade that the press says is being rolled out in October this year?

You are loosing customers daily due to this crazy situation.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G network upgrade

Can you provide links to the press reports?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Godfrey it's in the other post on this you posted in, just after your last post, I'm on iOS and unable to copy or paste Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Assume you mean this http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/4g-mobile-upgrade-finally-coming-virgin-media-october-2...

This seems to be the only site reporting this at the moment and there is no source. Looking for the official statement from Virgin which will go in their usual press release.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I had a chat with tech support this pm, they confirmed its in Oct, and as you would expect had no idea of applicable contracts or any increased charges.

0 Kudos
RichieRich
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Last week I took out a SIM only contract and found out during the week by accident that data is EE 3G and not EE 4G.  I just phoned to cancel my contract and the sales agent advised me that 4G would be rolled out first week of October.  She credited me with a month's line rental and asked me to call back as soon as it was officially announced as new 4G SIMs are required.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Assume you mean this http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/4g-mobile-upgrade-finally-coming-virgin-media-october-2...

This seems to be the only site reporting this at the moment and there is no source. Looking for the official statement from Virgin which will go in their usual press release.

Was it not "ispreview" who led us all believe that Virgin were going going to double our broadband speeds last year in the free speed boost?.  Smiley LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/4G/m-p/3206059#M69024

The word, according to JOhn

The voice of authority speaks.........Smiley Indifferent

J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Now if only the wife thought so lol
There has been a few things going on recently that point to a change, the Huge hike in sim only costs for sim only unlimited deals and the reduction of data in full contracts are but two. Training of tech support staff is a third that all for now, you can sign up for my online self help religion after 4G is available. Sponsored by Virgin Mobile????????????
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would be excited about 4G apart from my main phone has been on 4G for the past 2 years, after applying a little known upgrade called a PAC Code Smiley Very Happy