Menu
vanilla1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4G connection not working?

I've moved to virgin and don't seem to be getting the 4G - keeps saying I'm offline. (Fine on wifi) I was fine with my previous provider with this handset. Customer support told to me to check network settings - fine, and restart the handset - all done to no avail. Any idea's what the issue is?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G connection not working?

Hi vanilla1,

it may help is you say what make and model of phone you are using.

You have checked that "Mobile Data" is on in the settings on your device?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
vanilla1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, it's a Galaxy A3, yes mobile data is on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey vanilla1

Sorry to hear about the problems with your data connection, I'd like to take a look at your account to check for issues but I've not been able to locate that using your forum details unfortunately. 

So I can take a look, could you send me a private message with your mobile number and name of the account holder? To send me that message, click my name or photo and click the 'Send me a message' button on the right hand side of the page. 

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nigel878
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My wife and I have exactly the same problem, we have identical phones and sim plans, worked ok with our old provider, worked ok when a collegue put his sim card in, will not let us  connect to internet with our virgin sims in, have phoned customer service twice and although they are helpful the problem has not been resolved, it is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
vanilla1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I finally spoke to someone who could help and after a few more checks he confirmed the sim was faulty. I've got a new one and it's working fine now. Shame it was such hard work to get it sorted!