Menu
Pay
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G. When?

Anyone know if we are likely to get 4G anytime soon from Virgin? Come on guys, we need it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G. When?

Hi Pay,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm afraid we don't have a set date for 4G currently.  We will let you know as soon as soon as we know more.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dcweather
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer service told me it's not a high priority!! When I said people will mostly have 4G phones soon  and expect to get that speed having bought an upmarket phone she said it doesn't make difference and there isn't much demand for it!! That's not my experience from using other's 4G internet connections with EE for example. I for one will leave in the near future if there is no definite date for 4G sometime soon.

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service told me they would be getting 4G later this year when I phoned to cancel my service. The same LIE they told me when I cancelled my wife's line last year at the end of that contract. Let them know with your feet!
Weirdly at lot of people have a loyalty to the Virgin name, I did. Still keep the broadband and TV but not the mobile.
I'm with Three now, terrific 4G, better than my Superhub 200mb puts out on WiFi
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well, Virgin's plans to use a merged O2/Three network have been scuppered. 

Virgin have 2 options, renegotiate with EE or find another network supplier. I suspect neither will be quick.

0 Kudos