Menu
Discodogma
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

4G Sim Activation

I have had my 4G sim for three days now and it doesn't seem to be activated - i have followed the instructions sent with the sim and have now tried to activate online - the virgin media web page says "hold fire we are just activating your sim card now" - this has been saying this for the last hour?

Anyone have any ideas - obviously i can't call the help number without putting the old sim card back in

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Sim Activation

Put the old sim in, if it works the new sim has not been activated so call 789
0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same problem except I've had the "hold fire" message for three days. Nobody seems to be able to help and just tell me "it is stuck in the system". 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Discodogma, 

I’m so sorry that your sim card doesn’t seem to be active, shortly I will send you a private message to request further information. 

To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

Speak to you soon!

Kelly 

0 Kudos
mka1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have got the same issue; it has been saying "hold fire" for 2 days now under tab "plan and device" - my sim seems to be active as the mobile app is working. Calls/texts and data are all working fine as well.

Need help !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mka1,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your online account details. Has this issue been resolved for you since your post?

If you've upgraded to the 4G tariff, the 4G may not activate until your next refresh date. 

Please let me know if you're still having a problem with this. I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
alwin10
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have also switch from a 3G to 4G sim and called 789 to get the switch done. My old sim is no longer active and my new sim is not activated yet. Could you please assist me as this has cause me to be without access to the network for a whole day.

0 Kudos