Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G Pay Monthly Sim Only Announcement

I have been reliably informed by Virgin Mobile that free mobile calls to other virgin mobiles, in other words virgin to virgin are not available on that tariff regardless of whether you have taken the black Friday deal or not.

If anyone thinks different then by all means give 150 a call.

If a Virgin moderator sees this and believes my statement to be incorrect then could they find out by going to the right people and then come back to me on this thread or by PM.

So no matter what it says on the Virgin site this is what I have been told.
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Pay Monthly Sim Only Announcement

Hi @paperclip

This should now be sorted out for you.

As long as you are a Virgin Media cable customer, who should also get Virgin Mobile - Virgin Mobile calls for free.

Best

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @James_W

could you please clarify being a "Virgin Media cable customer".

Does that mean anyone living in the property accessing the cable services or just the cable account holder?

Thank you,

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi @James_W

could you please clarify being a "Virgin Media cable customer".

Does that mean anyone living in the property accessing the cable services or just the cable account holder?

Thank you,

AlexKid :-)

I can confirm that it means those that are registered as living at the property, not just the account holder.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

James_W wrote:

Hi @paperclip

This should now be sorted out for you.

As long as you are a Virgin Media cable customer, who should also get Virgin Mobile - Virgin Mobile calls for free.

Best

It has been sorted as tech support have confirmed this to me. As long as the user is living at a property that has Virgin BB and TV Landline etc then they should be receiving virgin to virgin calls.

My issue was the result of an incompetent agent who didn't tick the appropriate box when originally placing my 4G tariff.

I just need to wait till my next refresh date to feel the benefit of the fix, I have some promotional mins to compensate till that date.

I would also like to add that anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation what they are required to do is send an SMS text with the landline telephone number including area code to 789444, this lets the system know that you are confirming that you are part of being a virgin media BB, TV, LL customer, that is if you have Virgin media already at your property.

You will receive an auto text back talking about top ups, don't worry about that as it works to let Virgin know for Pay Monthly tariffs also.

0 Kudos