Menu
craigpw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

4G Data speed and Frequency Band question

Hello
I'm thinking of taking out one of your 4G plans and have read that once you've downloaded 3.5 GB each month your speed is reduced to 384k/s. Please can you confirm if this is the case. In addition, please can you confirm if you have access to EE's 800Mhz band as I've also read that you don't. Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Data speed and Frequency Band question

Please note that most of us on here are other customers.

The 3.5GB restriction is for older tariffs, the new 4G tariffs run without any such restriction.

From what I've read is seems their contract technically allows for access to 800MHz but this is not available to customers (at least at the moment,  possibly never).

I'm reasonably happy with the service I get, especially at the price, but some people miss extra features - there's no: call forwarding,  tethering, higher speed 4G, VoLTE for example.

craigpw
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Data speed and Frequency Band question

Thanks for getting back to me. I did read that there is a maximum 25 meg speed but that doesn't worry me, and I rarely need to tether. The 800Mhz band would be useful though for better reception indoors and rural areas.
0 Kudos