Menu
elm1601
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

4G Availabilty

Hello

I was told 4G would be available in October.  It's now the 1st November!  

Any update please?

Thanks x

0 Kudos
ne
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Availabilty

here here, i too have read the blurbs about coming in october this year, where is it?

--
Neil B - Big Red Shed
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine...
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

There were plenty of blurbs but there was never any official announcement, whatever people wished for.

Only sure way is to wait for the official press release, whatever is said.

0 Kudos
thomasoes
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I was told by 2 customer support reps that it would def be in October and when I rang the other day they are now saying they don't know I think virgin are treating their customers disgustingly. I have now emailed the COE and I am waiting for someone to get back to me. This used to be the best company going when Richard Branson was running it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The whole end of Oct for 4G affair seemed to me like someone had gotten wrong info and was sharing it to customers. It's not the first time this has happened and each time it never manifested because the person giving the info out had no idea what they were on about or were just saying it to keep custom.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well I was one of those saying October, I'd checked my source, who confirmed that he had spoken to a Virgin corporate monkey, they had confirmed 4G was due in Oct, I've promised not to reveal my source.

However as a result I've got Sky fibre max in just a couple of days along with a full tv package and land line on sky, I'm holding out for their mobile proposition in the new year.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@J0hn Which broadband package did you have with VM? Sky T.V. is pretty solid+responsive STB wise and has a wide selection of T.V. channels too.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
elm1601
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello
I have just called Virgin and have a 4G SIM card on its way with more data allowance for the same price!
Give them a call xx
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well done
0 Kudos
ne
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

now got 4g sims but non connecting to 4g. they can see 4g signal but wont attach.

--
Neil B - Big Red Shed
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine...
0 Kudos