Menu
colesmat
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

3g speed dropped

Hi, I've noticed that for the last 4 or 5 days my 3g speed has slowed right down. It used to be around 7-8mbps but a speed test this morning shows only 0.3mbps. It cannot be coverage as it's slow at home, at work and the full journey to work (80 miles). I have unlimited data and I've used 3.8gb this month which is more than usual but still not excessive. Could my speed have been capped or is there anything I can do in my phone settings?

Thank you in advance.

Matthew
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 3g speed dropped

From the terms:

For customers who joined Virgin Media after 25 June 2012 excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. For customers who joined before 25 June 2012 excessive use over 2GB of data per calendar month will result in this restriction being applied. This policy will apply until the end of the calendar month, when it will be automatically removed.

You've been capped. You'll have that speed for about a week...

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From the terms:

For customers who joined Virgin Media after 25 June 2012 excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. For customers who joined before 25 June 2012 excessive use over 2GB of data per calendar month will result in this restriction being applied. This policy will apply until the end of the calendar month, when it will be automatically removed.

You've been capped. You'll have that speed for about a week...

0 Kudos
colesmat
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot for that
0 Kudos