Menu
Happygirl820
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

3G to 4g no service on iPhone 6s

I have an iPhone 6s I had a 3G plan with I received a new 4G enabled sim and as the refresh date has passed I should be getting 4G but I am getting NO SERVICE displayed on my phone

Looking around the forums I can see the potential issue maybe something to do with APN settings. I can not access the manual APN settings on iPhone but am running iOS 10.2.1 and carrier Virgin 27.1. I have also recently completely reset factory settings and still no luck.

Im now totally stressed out

All help is appreciated and I'm looking forward to fast 4G and a phone that work !! Thanks, S Adams
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3G to 4g no service on iPhone 6s

Hi Happygirl820

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the new 4G SIM.

If the handset isn't picking up any service whatsoever, the issue will not be related to APN settings and you've advised that your handset has the correct carrier settings in any case.

Could I just check if you have followed the instructions to activate the old SIM?

What happens if you place the old SIM back in your phone?

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Happygirl820
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

It stopped working with the old sim, i phoned virgin up and they said my sim had not been replaced for six years so they was going to send me out a new one, received the new sim and still the same issue saying no service. I called Virgin to active the sim and still the same problem no service. I tried putting in another sim like Vodafone and still saying no service.

Im sure its something to do with the change over from 3G to 4G and that the settings are not correct

What can you advise me to do 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Happygirl820

Thanks for confirming these details.

If you're finding no SIM is working in the phone there could be a fault with the handset itself and the SIM replacement could be coincidental.

Does your Virgin SIM work in another handset?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Happygirl820
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes the sim is working in another phone
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Happygirl820,

If your SIM is working on another handset, then the issue is with your iPhone. Is your iPhone unlocked? You may need to contact the company you purchased the handset from for further help.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Happygirl820
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
The iPhone 6s was bought out right, no contract and unlocked.. I have had the phone for 15 months...it just stopped working after my phone was refreshed .... I've taken the phone to apple and they say there is no software problem

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Happygirl820,

If the handset has been verified working by Apple then the SIM should work fine. You've verified that the SIM is working when you put it in a different mobile handset, so this isn't a Virgin Mobile network or SIM card fault. 

Please get back in touch with Apple or the vendor you purchased your handset from for further support with this.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos