Menu
AJ1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

3G not working on iphone6

Hi,

I got a new iphone 6 a week ago but have only been able to connect to the internet with a wireless connection.

It can make.and receive calls and texts without problem.

I get the 3G symbol on the screen, but if I try to access the internet it tells me it's not connected.

Emails are managing to get through though - how?

I've tried resetting network settings, switched the phone on and off, switched to aeroplane mode briefly (since several help guides suggested that) but it's still not working.

What's going on? Someone said I need you to switch "data" on on my account at your end?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3G not working on iphone6

**Disclaimer **  I don't use Virgin mobile myself, but have you tried/checked this?

1. Tap Settings.
  2. In the first section tap Mobile Data/Cellular Data.
  3. Tap Mobile Data Network/Cellular Data Network.
  4. Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
    Mobile/Cellular Data:
    APN - goto.virginmobile.uk
    Username - user
    MMS:
    APN - goto.virginmobile.uk
    Username - user
    MMSC - http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
    MMS Proxy - 193.30.166.2:8080
    MMS Max Message Size - 1048576
    (As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
  5. Tap the left arrow at the top three times
  6. Press the home button
  7. On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

VM_mobile_APN_settings.jpg

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
AJ1979
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3G not working on iphone6

Thanks for the reply.

Just attempted to try that but once I've clicked on Settings, then Mobile Data, there is no option for Mobile Data Network/Cellular Data Network. Have tried tapping through other options and can't find the onscreen form anywhere. Don't know where I'm going wrong?

0 Kudos