Menu
Itanimulli
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

3G Is incredibly slow

Over the past month or so my 3G has been incredibly slow. I used to get great speeds from the exact same locations but now I can't even load YouTube videos and it even takes stupidly long times to load images online even if their file size is tiny. I am getting 4-5 bars of signal.

When my allowances refresh (I'm on a 5000mb tarif) my 3G sometimes works at a decent speed for a couple of days before going back to being useless for the rest of the month.

The mast locations strength services say I have 98% signal strength to the nearest mast.

Usually whenever this has happened before it's been solved in under a week but this has gone on for over a month now, any help?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3G Is incredibly slow

Have you checked on the EE site to se if there is any issues in your local area?
0 Kudos
Itanimulli
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just checked the EE site now and there's no issues at all in my area from what I can see (PR2 postcode).

Slow speeds are still persisting.

Here's a link to a Speedtest I did 5 minutes ago http://m.imgur.com/d8sn3ML

As you can see I'm getting 0.39mb/s (390kb/s) which is significantly less then I should be getting (I used to get at least 5mb/s if not more from what I remember).

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Itanimulli wrote:

When my allowances refresh (I'm on a 5000mb tarif) my 3G sometimes works at a decent speed for a couple of days before going back to being useless for the rest of the month.

If it is OK on refresh I suspect you are going over Virgin's 'fair usage' policy. After 3.5GB your speed is reduced significantly to the old 3G speeds (useless for most things today). It doesn't matter how big your data allowance is. On some contracts fair usage is 2.5GB.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Itanimulli, 

@enlli is spot on, it does sound like it’s possible you have gone over on the fair usage policy. I will be more than happy to check your account and see if that is what has happened. 

Shortly I will send you a private message to request some account information so that I can take a look into this for you. 

To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

I look forward to chatting to you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos