Menu
micknand
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

3 months left on my contract....

I have 3 months left on my VM contract. If I move my number to another provider can I get another number for my old VM phone for the remainder of my VM contract.

mick

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 3 months left on my contract....

micknand wrote:

I have 3 months left on my VM contract. If I move my number to another provider can I get another number for my old VM phone for the remainder of my VM contract.

That's a brilliant question. I've heard on this forum that when Virgin issue a PAC they close the account whether the PAC is used or not.

I'm sure someone on the @ForumTeam will be along soon to advise on whether there's a better way to achieve what you want, but my suggestion would be to ring 789 and follow the path for "I'm thinking of leaving" then hold for a retentions advisor. If you explain what you want, they will be able to help out, or pass you on to someone who can help.

Be sure to install an app to record your call. Test it out by ringing a friend, before making a call whose recording you may want to rely on later.

Good luck.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

micknand wrote:

That's a brilliant question. I've heard on this forum that when Virgin issue a PAC they close the account whether the PAC is used or not.

I'm sure someone on the @ForumTeam will be along soon to advise on whether there's a better way to achieve what you want, but my suggestion would be to ring 789 and follow the path for "I'm thinking of leaving" then hold for a retentions advisor. If you explain what you want, they will be able to help out, or pass you on to someone who can help.

Be sure to install an app to record your call. Test it out by ringing a friend, before making a call whose recording you may want to rely on later.

Good luck.

micknand
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that info and link Gorf....seems I might be align into a bit of a VM mess eh!

Mick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi micknand,

Thanks for posting.

As Gorf has mentioned when your number is ported out the account is disconnected. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way around this particular process.

You could as Gorf suggested give our mobile team a call on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a look into this for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B wrote:
...when your number is ported out the account is disconnected.

@Stephen_B Is that definitely when it happens? We could do with clarification on whether Virgin Mobile cancel the account on issuance of a PAC, or when the PAC is used.

Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorf,

Thanks for the post.

Yeah, just to clarify when issuing a PAC code the account does not disconnect straight away. The disconnection is only processed once the PAC code has been used by the new provider and number is ported over.

Similar process to how number ports work via a land line and similar to the MAC code process with ADSL lines if your familiar with them.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that @Stephen_B - it creates a bit of a problem because in threads like this one and this one I've been relaying anecdotal evidence that Virgin close the account when a PAC is issued.

In my defence, no Virgin staff have said that the statement is incorrect.

It's been confirmed in a thread I was participating in by two users - unfortunately one of them seems to have had all their posts deleted.

Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorf,

Thanks for your reply and all the help you give usSmiley Happy

I did double check the process with our mobile team and confirmed it was correct before I posted. 

Unfortunately there maybe isolated incidents where an account has been closed prematurely but without looking at the account to see why I wouldn't be in a position to comment. 

If you see any further incidents let me know and I can look into for you and the customer.

Many thanks.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

micknand
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies folks - much appreciated.

i've not decided what I'll do yet but your comments have been very helpful.

Mick

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick,

Glad we could help you outSmiley Happy

If you need anything else just get back to us.

Speak soon.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos