Menu
Olds_Cool
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

£28 for 30mb of data!!!

i went over my 1gb mobile data allowance and i was aware of this so only used my mobile data for quick email updates for 2 weeks.

When my last bill arrived i had an extra £28 to pay for using mobile data! this breaks down to £2 a day for 14 days. But what really angers me is that as i said earlier i only used data sparingly for 2 weeks and this only came to 30mb in 2 weeks!!!!! You can get 30gb allowance on 3 for just £15, think i switch when my contract is finished in february

Total rip off VM!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: £28 for 30mb of data!!!

Hi Olds_Cool,

you say you were aware that you had used up your 1GB allowance. It would have been prudent therefore to also make yourself aware of Virgin Mobile's pricing for out of tariff data use before continuing: "£2 per day for unlimited data"

There was no need to use it sparingly.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Olds_Cool
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: £28 for 30mb of data!!!

I've been with Virgin Mobile for almost 4 years (Virgin media for 10 years overall) and my current monthly tariff is £12.50. Sometimes my bill has been slightly more than this as again i have used all my data allowance and continued to use data

But i wasn't aware that there was a daily charge of £2 for additional data use. So imagine my surprise when a bill of £40.32 arrived last week. 

As i said my contract is expiring in February, so think i switch. £15 for 30gb on 3 or £10 for 20gb on Asda mobile seem like good options

0 Kudos