Menu
syorks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2500 Min plus 1Gb. SIM only plan

Hello. A couple of months ago I upgraded to the £10 SIM only plan as above, which included free calls to 084 and 087 numbers. There was a bit of confusion as the call centre said it was only 0845 and 0870, whereas my leaflet said any 084 and 087 numbers. After checking the lady agreed I was correct. Since then I have seen similar ads that say free calls to any 08 number.

I haven't made any such calls and hope I don't have to, but the confusion is -

the latest leaflets don't mention anything about 08 calls -

my phone app says it covers 0845 and 0870, plus 2500 normal minutes and 1Gb data

my online account now doesn't make any mention of 08 calls, but says I have unlimited normal minutes and 1Gb.

Could someone from Virgin please clarify what is going on ? I was definitely told it was free calls to 084 and 087 numbers.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2500 Min plus 1Gb. SIM only plan

Hi syorks,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies for the confusion.

I'd just like to start off by confirming your allowances online may appear incorrect. This is something we are aware of and are working on to get sorted. I would go by what your account app says as this will reflect the true allowance.

Regarding the confusion over the non geographic numbers. Free phone calls starting 0800 or 0808 are now free from mobiles which is why they aren't mentioned.

I've provided a link here to our SIM only page at the bottom it has some information around these numbers.

Should you need to clarify your allowances any further I would recommend calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 600 789 so we can have a look at your account for you.

Hope this helps.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

syorks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Stephen, happy with everything now. Cat Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi syorks,

Glad I was able to clear things up for you.

If you need anything in future just get back to us.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules