Menu
Jill2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

24 month credit agreement.

When I signed a 24, month mobile contract it stated a part for the phone for 24 months and £5 rolling sim card. My question is why do Virgin carry on taking money after this time and tell me its in the T&C's that I should call them. I have read the T&C and it does not say this _ it says after 24 months the phone is paid and payment will be £5 rolling monthly SIM card payment. Can you tell me where it says you must call or the 24 month contract will continue and you will pay more than the original agreed credit amount?
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 24 month credit agreement.

Hi Jill2

Depends which contract you are on

The new freestyle agreements 2 agreements one for the handset and the other for the airtime ( mins texts and data )

once you have repaid the handset off over the 24 months you then go to a sim only rate . Then its down to you to decide if you want to re contract for 24 months with a new phone or stay on a SIM  only rate

If you are on the old style contracts ( we call them standard)

At the end of the 24 months contract you continue to pay the same rate which was outlined at the beginning of your agreement

as for the location where this is explained. Follow this link Smiley Happy

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html

4TH RED LINK DOWN ( Terms and conditions of service - Pay Monthly Contract)

CLAUSE 3

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term: We may contact you towards the end of your Minimum Term to let you know that the Minimum Term is due to come to an end. At the expiry of your Minimum Term we will continue to provision you with your Contract Allowance on a monthly (or other periodic) basis and will continue to bill you for the Charges. If you wish to change your Contract Allowance at the end of the Minimum Term then you can do so by contacting the Team but you will need to sign up for another Minimum Term. You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

Jill2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee and thanks for pointing me to the full Ts & Cs - I got the phone and £5 sim card £11.40 was the 24 month credit agreement - the last payment should have been Sept 2015. I wanted to keep the phone so should have been charged just £5 rolling SIM after that but they've continued taking £16.40. After reading your link I still think I'm correct however the woman on the phone says I should have rung them and she was very belligerent. I'll have to make an official complaint about it I think. Im really disappointed as I've got TV broadband and 2 mobiles thru virgin and this is my first complaint in years. Thanks again for the reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jill2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry about the confusion surrounding our 24 month phone contracts. I see Lee_B has provided you with some great information but I just wanted to add something further for you.

It would appear you took the contract out before we introduced our new 'Freestyle' packages. You can find all the information for that here. You will see these new Freestyle packages will automatically be reduced once the 24 month period is up.

Before this you would have needed to call to cancel or downgrade the package. This was an industry standard policy as it happened to me when I was with EE a few years ago.

In summary, if you were to upgrade to a Freestyle contract now then after the 24 month it would automatically change to a tariff only charge on a 30 day rolling contract. You'd still need to call if you wanted to cancel that part though.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Jill2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I can see there seems to have been a change after I got my phone but I'm still struggling to see where it said before this change that the 24 month credit agreement for the phone actually meant 24 months or as long as they could get away with taking the money - agreement. My account has been credited with 50% of the overpayment so I will have to leave it there. I have the rolling SIM now. I doubt I'd get another phone contract.
Thanks again for the replies.
0 Kudos