Menu
AlexGuedes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

24 Months agreement / 30 day rolling contract

Hi,

I've just bought a SIM only contract from you (the 20GB - 5000 minutes - £15/month) that I was under the impression it was a 30 day rolling contract.

I've now received the SIM with a letter saying that I entered a 24 months agreement and decided to call Virgin Mobile.

The attendant said I can cancel it at any time, giving a 30 days notice, but I am indeed in a 24 months agreement. When I asked her to point me into the legal terms where does it say that I can cancel without paying any fees, she couldn't find it. I've then asked for her to send me an email about this, which she couldn't do it.

Can someone from Virgin here confirm that I can indeed cancel my SIM only contract by giving 30 days notice, without paying any cancellation fees?

Many thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ouRe: 24 Months agreement / 30 day rolling contract

You cannot leave by giving 30 days notice till one month before the end of a fixed term contract.

If it is a new contract you have 14 days 'cooling off' period in which to cancel. I would suggest that would be your best bet if you don't want to be tied in.

0 Kudos
AlexGuedes
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ouRe: 24 Months agreement / 30 day rolling contract

Hi enlli,

Thanks for your response.

So you're saying that the attendant lied to me saying that I could cancel at any time if giving 30 days notice? That would be a massive dishonesty from Virgin.

I would love to hear from them here if that's the case, because that would mislead a LOT of people.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

While I am fairly sure of the terms here, it would be nice if one of the mods could chime in to remove all doubt, that the 30 day £15/20GB SIMO deal is just that, and can be cancelled at anytime with 30 days notice and no penalty.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexGuedes

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing in trying to get to the bottom of this.

Without clearing security I can only talk about general contracts and our general Sim only deal is on a rolling contract, if you've agreed to a different deal with the team though there might be a minimum term involved.

The best way to clarify this, is to give our team a call on 789 from any Virgin handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other.

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos