Menu
MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

10 days still cannot downgrade phones - phones now switched off

Hello,

REF: COM100421114

On the 9th of April I called virgin media to negotiate new prices compared to other suppliers and also paid out my contracts to allow me to either moove or upgrade/downgrade services.

Due to my fiancee being pregnant I decided to request the contracts get moved to sim only, I have been unable to do this since 10.04.2015

I have been fobbed off for the past 10 days that its issues with direct debits being cancelled (even though the accounts are in credit & new DD can be setup), new billing systems and then after being put on hold fort over an hour last night I eventually got through to a girl who looked at it and now states because the PAC codes have been requested, however as far as I am aware PAC codes should not effect current supplier unless I provide them to a new supplier.

One of the mobiles has been switched off for 48 hrs and the other for 24 hours even though the confirmation emails confirm the following for each:

Your 1 month cancellation period will run between the following dates: 09/04/2015 - 08/05/2015, and during this time you'll have 600 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 1 GB Data, Unlimited Virgin mobile minutes, Unlimited Virgin mobile texts to use up as you did during your contract. 

Your 1 month cancellation period will run between the following dates: 09/04/2015 - 08/05/2015, and during this time you'll have 600 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 1 GB Data, Unlimited Virgin mobile minutes, Unlimited Virgin mobile texts to use up as you did during your contract. 

This should have been a simple process of down grading the contracts especially when I have paid up front to allow this.

Now I have a pregnant Fiancee without a mobile phone as it has been switched which I am sure you can appreciate is very alarming baring the fact the accounts are in credit and shouldnt have been blocked.

Can any one help provide a resolution or do I now have to take this to the relevant ombudsman.

Regards,

May the force be with you,

MOA.

HUB 2ac in modem mode, Netgear R7800 Router, a wee switch & NAS.

My Broadband Ping - MOA VM Monitor
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10 days still cannot downgrade phones - phones now switched off

Hi MasterofArts,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry you're having issues with the downgrade.

I can see you listed a COM reference at the start. Has our team been  in touch regarding this?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.

One of the girls called me back today to confirm they have switched the phones back on.

It was confirmed they may go off again due to issues trying to re install the Direct Debits.

The girl has promised a call back on Thursday as they still cannot down grade the packages to sim only and it was suggested that after 48 hours they may be able to re instate the direct debits but I have been told this a couple of times now over the last 10 days so I am doubtful of this.

At this stage I am now looking for a refund of the early cancellation fees I have paid on the 9th April.

I am looking for the Direct debits to be set back up and for the packages to be down graded to the Sim only deal.

I want to mention that I have no issues with any member of staff that I have spoken to I feel they are trying their best with a system that clearly does not work.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me.

I look forward to your response.

MOA.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MasterofArts,

Thanks for your quick reply Smiley Happy

Glad to hear one of the team has been back in touch regarding this. As we're unable to pass data protection over the forums, it would be best to ask our team member who gives you a call back tomorrow regarding this.

They can investigate the possibility of giving you a refund of the charges.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am afraid we are no further foward except the phones have been put back on.

What I have been told is a ticket has to be raised as the PAC codes was requested for each phone, the ticket is to stop the transfer out.

As far as I am aware though PAC codes should not have an effect unless given to another supplier.

They also have issues setting up the direct debits again & also down grading the packages to SIM only.

I am totally at my wits end and I am glad I am downgrading to SIM only on a monthly basis.

All the best,

Kev.

MOA.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MasterofArts,

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. So we can get on the case for you, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Can I have an update to my case please as it has still not been resolved yet.

I have been in touch today with Virgin Media today whom still cannot change the package for both telephone numbers to sim only.

I can see however by logging in both direct debits seem to be active again.

The girl I have spoke to today stated she will again reduce my bill for both numbers to 12.00 each, can I get confirmation this has been done.

I also need confirmation of when my packages will be downgraded to the sim only deals.

As you know I paid extra so I could leave the contract early, I am now looking for a refund for these payments as I haven't been able to down grade.

Thanks in advance,

Kev.

MOA.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Masterofarts,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you haven't received an update on this just yet. So I can chase up what's happened with the case, can you PM me the email address you logged in our form?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos