Menu
bulldog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

as anyone had or know who the dam keeps ringing us from the 08004089430 . when asnswer you don't hear anything then they hang up am constantly getting them every other day. done an google on the number and its coming up as vm but alot are saying its an scam.

can vm forum mod confirm its is vm or an scam pls

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 08004089430

0 Kudos
bromham
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's unlawful for UK companies to make silent calls and Ofcom have the power to fine them up to £2M under the Communications Act, 2003.

Ofcom is very willing to receive complaints about this sort of activity.  Complaints can be made by calling Ofcom on 0300 123 3333 or by filling in the online form at https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/webflow/silent-calls/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bulldog,

I've just checked my own phone for this number & sure enough it's on my block list.

At some time or another they must have pestered me too & I've just blocked it.

I believe it most likely is from a sales team acting on the behalf of Virgin Media. (If like me though you don't want to be pestered if you have an android phone, download "Calls Blacklkist" - There are others but this was free & I find it effective) Then you can just enter the annoying number & voila! No more calls from them.

I believe iPhone have a similar ability.

If though you don't have a smart phone, your best bet may be to accept the call & politely ask them to remove your number from their directory.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
bulldog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes i can confirm its vm call india sales team , they called again 3 times and i answered it on the 3rd one it was an girl what i seem to think was indian stating she was from the sale team asking if we was intrested in sky movies and sports after 4 times of telling her i am not intrested she then went to see if i want a mobile contract yet again it took 5 times of telling her i don't want one as i already got a mobile with vm, but she wasn't happy with that and went on to say what about any members of my family having one . by this time i got **bleep** off (sorry to say it) but she rattle my cage in the end i hanged up on her an placed a block on my mobile.what doe's it take to tell these morons to get in there thick scull's no is no.

a official complaint is going to be made so watch out vm

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bulldog,

I'm sorry you were bothered by calls from that same number again but blocking it as I suggested should at least prevent any further disturbance (from this number at least).

You could also try giving Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your mobile and ask to opt out of receiving marketing calls.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.