Menu
craigmurray17
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0800 number

i rang virgin mobile today 12.03.2016 complaining about constantly receiving calls from 0800 4089341 and was told i would receive no more calls from this number, i however have just received at 7.43pm a call from this number, i do not answer them and never will, i am asking politely for this to stop!!!!! my mobile contract is up in a few weeks and will wuite happily leave your service if i keep being harassed by this number!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 0800 number

Hi craigmurray,

enlli makes a very suggestion.

I have an android device and I downloaded a free app from the Play Store called "Calls Blacklist"
(there are others but I find this simple and effective).

It's great for blocking all sorts of marketing calls.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigmurray17,

you only asked to opt out of marketing calls today.

Have a little patience, it'll take a while for your preference to filter through VM's systems.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

While you are waiting for the number to be removed check if your phone has the ability to auto reject calls. If so add the number to the black list
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi craigmurray,

enlli makes a very suggestion.

I have an android device and I downloaded a free app from the Play Store called "Calls Blacklist"
(there are others but I find this simple and effective).

It's great for blocking all sorts of marketing calls.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My S5 has it built in to the dial app. Seems to be full of Accident and PPI phone numbers Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

My S5 has it built in to the dial app. Seems to be full of Accident and PPI phone numbers Smiley LOL

I tend to just put the numbers into a "Spam" contact and then set it to a silent ringtone. I can do this because I don't use my phone that much, and not at all during the day (mobiles not allowed in the office).

The advanage of this method, if you can do it, is that it keeps the caller occupied waiting for you to answer. All the time they waste doing that, they are not hassling someone else.

0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A lot of phones you can click on the phone number then in top corner touch the 3 dots then touch the add to auto reject list i think it says, don't know what phone you have but worth a look.....

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

craigmurray17 wrote:

i rang virgin mobile today 12.03.2016 complaining about constantly receiving calls from 0800 4089341 and was told i would receive no more calls from this number, i however have just received at 7.43pm a call from this number, i do not answer them and never will, i am asking politely for this to stop!!!!! my mobile contract is up in a few weeks and will wuite happily leave your service if i keep being harassed by this number!!!!!!!!

It will take up to 28 days for your details to clear from the marketing database, until then you may still receive the odd call from the various marketing VM numbers, but the amount of calls should be noticeably less from the point of request being made.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.