Menu
dazzabird
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0800 183 6408

I blocked this number ages ago because of the sales calls.

and as a side note, as I approach the grand age of 50.    I have NEVER bought anything or upgraded anything from a sales call..

something to note Virgin !!!!

mansfieldweb
Tuning in
Message 82 of 123
Flag for a moderator

If I wanted something, whether it be my broadband improving (which for Virgin wouldn't be too difficult), a new mobile or my broadband optimising, I would call myself and request. Like dazzabird, all sales calls do is wind me up (especially when persistently pestered by them after telling them numerous time that you're NOT interested).

Take the hint?

Dragonart
Joining in
Message 83 of 123
Flag for a moderator

This is the second call I've received from this number.

I answered the first time and was immediately concerned that it was a scam, and could barely understand the persistent and slightly aggressive female caller, so hung up.

Having read posts below, I see that it wasn't actually a scam.

Surely it would be better if Virgin are looking to upgrade anything, they should provide their staff with a better opening spiel?

Incidently - both received calls were to my mobile phone which is not anything to do with Virgin. My landline is, but not my mobile.

0 Kudos
Mollymoo2
Joining in
Message 84 of 123
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same calls, about four times now. Want to send an engineer to upgrade my router....when I asked for more information the caller could not answer my questions and then hung up on me. Not good service. Why not just put the information in an e-mail and stop bombarding us with calls from inept and quite poor english speaking operators.
Whilst your doing that...stop increasing our bills or we are leaving your company!
0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 85 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Same here it was a woman and she was frankly unintelligible. I had missed a call during the week and ran the number through Google so I had an idea of what to expect. She asked me if I was my  name and then asked for my address which she should have had. So I asked her to prove she came from Virgin Media which she could or would not.

She rang in the evening after I had had a tiring day .frankly her mangling of the  Queens English gave me a head ache so I asked her to send details of the offer in an e-mail. Bet she won't.

Virgin should emulate Apple who use native English speakers to interact with UK customers. After all Apple has been very successful.

ncguk
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 123
Flag for a moderator

I had calls from this number to my non-Virgin mobile a few months ago and asked the caller not to ring again. About 10 days ago the calls started again. Once a day and, today, twice. Virgin Media's on thin ice with me as it is, with price hikes, the Superhub 3 Puma 6 chipset (not Virgin's fault, I know, but where's the firmware fix?), and high latency even with a Superhub 2. Aggressive sales tactics aren't going to help me stay.

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 87 of 123
Flag for a moderator

I seem to have left off the apostrophe from the Queen's English. Sorry about that
0 Kudos
Flip72
Joining in
Message 88 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Hi there moderator,

I had a call today 10/08/2017 from this number. He asked if I was ******, I said who are you, he said he was from Virgin Media and was I ******. I said why should I answer, you called me and you are only going to try and sell me something. He said what makes you think I am going to try and sell you something, so I said you are not a friend ringing me, so you are going to try and sell me something and then he rang off. I am fed up with these calls and the rudeness of the sales people who call then ring off when they don't get the response they want, no OK thank you for your time. have a nice day, just the click of the phone going down. I don't like people putting the phone down on me and I would be ashamed if I were a moderator working for this company, having to reply to this sort of problem. I have asked several times for Virgin not to call, but they keep coming and usually when I am having a meal, as it was tonight, so please stop it, or I will be on to the nuisance site to log a complaint.

I have the full TV, phone, broadband, sky sports and films, box nation and gadget rescue, two Tivo boxes, one of them a Tivo 6 box, but not mobile as they are too expensive, so no need to waste my time calling, so please don't.

0 Kudos
hedles
Tuning in
Message 89 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

FAO Virgin Media team

This seems to be a common issue for a fair few people.

To me, one of the roots of it seems to be the use of an 0800-number, that customers (and the occasional other) do not immediately recognise as Virgin Media.

I appreciate that customers can elect not to receive marketing 'phone calls.  Thanks for that provision.

However, it might help if customers were primed to expect a call.  One way to do this - if the sales team is about to call a mobile number - might be to send a text message in advance of the sales call from 789789.  This is recognisably a Virgin number - even if you don't have it identified in your contacts list.  Most seasoned Virgin customers know "789" and "789789" belong to Virgin (incoming and outgoing respectively).  So maybe Virgin should develop an automated procedure that captures the numbers as it sends them to the sales team for a call, about whatever issue, and sent a text message something like,

"Hi, Virgin [Media] has noticed that [your broadband account is not the best option for you at the present time].  We will be calling you sometime [in the next few days] on 08001836408 to discuss if you'd like to [upgrade your account to something better and cheaper].",

where the parts in square brackets are determined by the pertaining issue/offer/circumstance,.

This would provide an opportunity for the Virgin customer to add 08001836408 to their contacts list in advance of then sales call and, even if they do not, very likely they would recognise it and take the call.  This would increase the number of Virgin's sales calls that were taken first time, thus increasing efficiency for Virgin and reducing customer anxiety and/or dissatisfaction.

If Virgin likes this idea and wants to show appreciation by giving me a month or two of free broadband I will not be too proud to accept. Please contact me via the e-mail address for hedles on this forum. :-)

Regards,

hedles

0 Kudos
mansfieldweb
Tuning in
Message 90 of 123
Flag for a moderator

What? Why are you even trying to encourage these muppets ringing you?

How about just allowing people to call Virgin themselves on the Virgin Media freephone number if they want a new service or an existing service changing.

If I want something, I go looking for it - I would NEVER EVER buy anything from an unsolicited call.

mansfieldweb

0 Kudos