Menu
Robzor
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0800 183 6408

@tonymac27 They keep leaving me silent voicemails too, creepy as hell, what the hell are they doing?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 52 of 123
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam  Could you ask @Terri_P to revisit this thread and see if she can assist some of these users?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 53 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonymac27 and Robzor,

Sorry to hear that you are continuing to get these calls. Let me take more information from you so that I can make sure these calls are stopped from our side.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Docjko
Tuning in
Message 54 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P
Happily I'm no longer being bothered by these calls.
However it's disturbing that customers still are. And from something that does a passible imitation of a scam.
It's almost as though Virgin has a rogue call centre.
Given the recent IT related events (NHS, BA) Virgin needs to look at this, in case something serious is going on and is going to blow up in its face.
Regards
John
TK_Maxx
Joining in
Message 55 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Moved desk in the office and the phone I now have has details of a large amount of missed calls from 08001836408 and 08004089340 - looks like between 2 and 3 a day.  I managed to answer one of the calls yesterday and explain that this was an internal work/office phone and that the previous occupant no longer sits here and that they should remove the number.  Only for the operator to assure me (4 times) that he was calling from Virgin Media.  Anyway, came in this morning to another missed call.

Would love to be able to block these calls but not sure my office phone has that facility!

hanifa200
Joining in
Message 56 of 123
Flag for a moderator

hello greetings my name is hanifa please i will be happy to be in contact with you here is my email *************@hotmail.com

please contact i have an important to shear with you

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
IamKhan
Tuning in
Message 57 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Got another call from this number yet again and I keep getting calls from this number. I'm sorry but the people calling me cannot even communicate well, i.e. explain why they're calling. Last time I spoke to a chap who barely managed to tell me that "..your phone will stop working." They have a thick accent and they don't understand that I'm happy with my current deal and my Blackberry phone!

Virgin, why did you contract a team so cheap that they cannot even speak English language well?

"My name is... KHAN" -- Star Trek Into Darkness
Lasagne101
Tuning in
Message 58 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Just got a call from this number as well but didn't answer as I didn't know the number. 

Thanks to everyone who shared in this thread so that we can know what's the call (roughly) about.

I don't understand the logic of having to prove my identity by telling them my password. They are calling me! Shouldn't I be asking something to confirm they are who really they say they are? :-)

I'll simply block the number. No need for complications.

Docjko
Tuning in
Message 59 of 123
Flag for a moderator

I think Hanifa200 speaks for us all.
bbennell
Settling in
Message 60 of 123
Flag for a moderator

I had the same just now, a Filipino accent telling me several times they were from Virgin Media, but I would need to give them my personal information to continue.  This is poor practice (as has been mentioned several times) as this is EXACTLY how scammers operate. I understand you can't divulge information over the phone due to data protection legislation, but there has to be a better way.  Perhaps an opt-in to these calls from a specified number, rather than an obtuse opt-out process?   

If I received a call from a number I was expecting to receive a call from (i.e. my bank after I had logged an online ticket or made a transfer to a new account) I would expect to be challenged for some personal information, but not after a cold call.