Menu
Superuser
Message 31 of 111 (2,019 Views)

Re: 0800 183 6408

Rathfelder wrote:

I am not prepared to give out my details to called callers.  If Virgin want to talk to me they should employ people who speak English. If they have an offer why don't they email me?

Because more often than not companies get a better response from phone campaigns than they do email ones.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 32 of 111 (1,523 Views)

When I told the agent just now that I'm not prepared to handover security details to a cold caller and wanted to be removed from future marketing calls her response was: Let's meet half way – you give me the details and I'll take you off the list.

**bleep** VIRGIN!!??!

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 33 of 111 (637 Views)

I have had this number call me 4 times in the last week, two of which were today, though I never answered. After looking it up on google, it brought me here and I phoned Virgin straight away. There were no records of the number or sales calls to my mobile account, but the advisor was helpful and updated my preferences anyway, advising of the procedures that virgin has for sales calls, and that I would never be asked for security information when they phoned me.

With no answers, he was able to transfer me through to Media/Broadband, who I wish I could say were just as helpful. After waiting on hold for around 5 minutes, the advisor, Maria didn't seem or want to even try to understand the problem I had, and as I went through Virgin Mobile first, when I was asked for my Media account number I had to take a minute to find it, which is when she hung up on me. When I tried to call back, there were no options for general queries on that side of the helpline, just to pick a random option and hope to be put through to an advisor who would actually listen. 

If any of this hassle has helped the situation at all, I will find out tomorrow - hopefully I won't have another sales call while I'm at work, or when I'm having dinner at 7pm.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 34 of 111 (1,420 Views)

I've just had yet another of these "optimise your service" calls. Smiley Sad
They don't give up!

Is it possible to change your marketing preferences through your MyVirginMedia website account?
Joining in
Message 35 of 111 (1,381 Views)

Just had a call from this number about "Optimising my broadband".  Using the block caller function on my phone is a satisfying response.

Apple - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201229

Android - https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6325463?hl=en-GB

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 36 of 111 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]

All you have to do is tell them you don't want any more marketing calls from Virgin Media and take the name of the agent you are speaking to.  As has been discussed the number is a genuine Virgin Media number.

Once you explicitly explain to the company that you don't want calls they are obliged to suppress your details on their marketing lists, so you no longer receive calls.

Failing that you need to write to the company.

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea,
SA7 9ZJ.

Stating your wish to be opted out of marketing calls (and emails, should you choose).  Whichever way you choose, you must give the company up to 28 days to process the request.  If you still get calls after the 28 day period you can raise a complaint with the ICO - but they will only act if you provide proof that you have explicitly asked to be removed from any marketing lists.

Tim

Note:  The Forum Team can also action a request for you as indicated earlier in this thread.

Joining in
Message 37 of 111 (1,084 Views)

Hi I have also many similar calls asking about boardband optimisation.

What makes me suspicious (and other I expect)  is when I ask for a telephone number to ring back to discuss  the optimisation. they don't tentd to know what to do and make an excuse and end the call or hang up.

I don't give out my details to anyone cold calling. maybe virgin can get the message.

Joining in
Message 38 of 111 (1,006 Views)

u know in the time we are having now when u dont give out ur name and address why do virgin expect us to do this?????

i have had 2 of these calls today and they want me to send £50 to come out and inspect my virgin equipment. like seriously get a grip

stop these bloody calls 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 39 of 111 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]

bigbadleo wrote:

u know in the time we are having now when u dont give out ur name and address why do virgin expect us to do this?????

i have had 2 of these calls today and they want me to send £50 to come out and inspect my virgin equipment. like seriously get a grip

stop these bloody calls 

They HAVE to verify they are speaking to the correct person before they can continue.

However Virgin wouldn't ask you for £50 to simply come and inspect your equipment. @ModTeam can you look at this post?  Something does not seem right.  Are you sure your call was from the same number?

Superuser
Message 40 of 111 (959 Views)

poj2000 wrote:

Hi I have also many similar calls asking about boardband optimisation.

What makes me suspicious (and other I expect)  is when I ask for a telephone number to ring back to discuss  the optimisation. they don't tentd to know what to do and make an excuse and end the call or hang up.

I don't give out my details to anyone cold calling. maybe virgin can get the message.

They'll only get the message if you explicitly tell them to remove your name.

0 Kudos