Menu
Joining in
Message 11 of 111 (6,786 Views)

Re: 0800 183 6408

Hi all,

I have been experiencing this issue from the same number, it all started a few weeks ago but they seem to be getting more persistent ( 24 calls so far!).

I have contacted virgin media about the issue and i have been promised a number of times that i would be removed from any sales/marketing lists which take 24 hours to update, but the calls have continued. Today I was told it would take up to 28 days to be removed from the marketing list!!

The sheer number of calls sometimes at weekends and evenings is harassment. We told them on the first call ( and a few afterwards) we are not interested and they just continued. 

Virgin Media should not be doing these to customers ( or non customers) and should know better. And 28 days of continuing harassment calls is unacceptable. Having been with virgin now for 8 years, these nuisance calls are seriously tempting me to change providers ( especially at how slow it is being dealt with). If virgin are now aware that their customers are experiencing this issue, then there's no excuse but to stop it immediately. Surely they can contact whatever offshore marketing company they're working with and should ask them to immediately stop this behaviour. 

If we continue to receive these calls, we'll be reporting them to ofcom and i suggest others do the same.

Joining in
Message 12 of 111 (6,785 Views)

I have had constant phone calls from this number over the last week. I accidentally answered on my hands free the other day and the lady asked to speak to me. The fact she could not pronounce the name Elizabeth made me assume this was a scam call (not great for business Virgin). Despite they have called 10+ times and not once have they had the courtesy to leave me a message, led me to google the number. All the hallmarks of scam cold calling is pretty poor sales techniques Virgin and another reason I am contemplating changing my landline, my internet, my TV packages and my mobile......not a great way to treat your customers.

Superuser
Message 13 of 111 (6,778 Views)

@ls_london

Please read Terri's post here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/0800-183-6408/m-p/3394075/highlight/true#M79651

She can get your name removed from the marketing list if you PM her the requested details.

I will say this - no agent should EVER tell you the calls will stop within 24 hours.  The 28 day period is to allow Virgin time to suppress your details in any and all marketing lists, and is covered in the ICO regulations.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 111 (6,736 Views)

Further to my negative post two hours ago, I seem to have lost my broadband altogether. How very peculiar! Is this Virgin's Big Brother or just more of the same inept service?!
Tuning in
Message 15 of 111 (6,729 Views)

I have also been plagued by calls from this number in the last week. 

They almost always leave long voice mails as well which is especially annoying. It was not clear until now that this was Virgin as the voice mails are often jumbled and I can't make out what they are saying - honestly it is a little disturbing. 

I did speak to a person once but again I couldn't make out what they were saying and it wasn't clear if they could hear me. After about 20 seconds they hung up on me. 

Overall this is a very annoying experience. I am used to marketing calls in general and I know I can update my preferences - still this has been a particularly aggressive use as I have received so many calls. The staff making these calls seem extremely unprofessional and not the usual standard you would expect from a company like Virgin. 

Joining in
Message 16 of 111 (6,666 Views)

I have had the same pest call...but Virgin text to say I would be contacted with regards to upgrade.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 17 of 111 (6,630 Views)

Whats the point of these sales calls, when they dont follow up what they say they will. Complete waste of time, hardly understand their " English ". I didn't sign a contract to be frustrated by someone that struggles speaking my language then the call is full of broken promises.

Superfast
Message 18 of 111 (6,603 Views)

I'm surprised this is a genuine Virgin call.
Like the others on this thread have said, these calls sound scam-like & the heavy accents don't help.

Cab someone clarify what optimising my service/broadband means?
Is it code for trying to get me to spend more with Virgin? Or is it just things like checking my broadband speed & Checking my wifI is the best it can be?
Superuser
Message 19 of 111 (6,599 Views)

geriann wrote:
I'm surprised this is a genuine Virgin call.
Like the others on this thread have said, these calls sound scam-like & the heavy accents don't help.

Cab someone clarify what optimising my service/broadband means?
Is it code for trying to get me to spend more with Virgin? Or is it just things like checking my broadband speed & Checking my wifI is the best it can be?

Come on now. Which do you THINK it is?

Is it code for trying to get me to spend more with Virgin?

Smiley Wink

These are outbound sales calls. Why on earth VM think they are a good idea is beyond me.

Opt out of marketing calls. Block the number on your handset. Ring in if you want to change your package

Tuning in
Message 20 of 111 (6,592 Views)

This number is used by Virgin for sales calls.  I called Virgin last night and they confirmed this number is used by their marketing department.  I was harassed with 13 sales calls from Virgin in December within the space of three days.  I made a complaint and was told my 'marketing preferences' would be updates i.e. I would not receive more calls.  I've now received 8 calls since Monday.  Last night I was told my complaint hadn't been registered and I wasn't taken off their marketing lists.  I was told a manager would phone to explain why this happened within 24 hours.  This didn't happen and I got another sales call instead.  Virgin, aren't you ashamed to be harassing customers in this way?  Aren't you ashamed to provide such a poor level of customer service?  Anyone affected should complain to Ofcom and the ICO.  https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/