Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 113
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0800 183 6408

Hi poj2000,

I've checked the account and there's no note for that call. As ravenstar68 has said, we couldn't call you up to charge you for an 'inspection'. It's likely to be a scam.

I can also see you've been removed from our marketing contact list.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 42 of 113
Flag for a moderator

ravenstar68 wrote:

....  As has been discussed the number is a genuine Virgin Media number.

So why is a forum team member, Josh, two posts later, saying that it is a scam call?

Why can't virgin produce a list of genuine numbers and have their own forum staff memories them , and stop the mis information

I lost count of how often the

Oh yes it is, Oh no it isn't

Dance plays out here

Can su  and forum team get into a private huddle and sort this out one and for all

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 43 of 113
Flag for a moderator

@cybmole

The number in the thread title is a genuine Virgin Media sales number, this was confirmed earlier in the thread by Virgin Media staff themselves.  We don't know everything about the later post, which is why I specifically asked the poster if they are sure that this was the same number.

This is also why I flagged the post for the mod team for their attention as the request for £50 flagged up warning bells in my head.

One of the first things I did early on in this thread was to check the number in the OP out directly.  And the number checked out as genuine.  I asked the Forum Team to answer earlier in the thread as they posters deserved official confirmation about the NUMBER IN THE OP.

Some people, however, will say they've had a call but won't necessarily have checked the number.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cybmole
Community elder
Message 44 of 113
Flag for a moderator

ravenstar68 wrote:

@cybmole

The number in the thread title is a genuine Virgin Media sales number, this was confirmed earlier in the thread by Virgin Media staff themselves.  We don't know everything about the later post, which is why I specifically asked the poster if they are sure that this was the same number.

Ok - I just scrolled all the way down, & I see I've commented on this issue before, as have you.

Maybe it  ( 0800 183 6408 ) deserves a sticky, given how many people are still querying it.

0 Kudos
renegadek
Tuning in
Message 45 of 113
Flag for a moderator

Iv tried getting a mobile for weeks now , wont let me online and when i call the person is so distant to hear and the noise around them is unbearable!

As regards this number , i have received a couple of calls which again it's impossible to even communicate , they rang me the other day, said something i couldn't possibly hear ,  i said '' pardon '' , they hung up ! 

0 Kudos
Dkjmss
Joining in
Message 46 of 113
Flag for a moderator

How can I stop calls from this number its ringing me 3 times a day every day and its annoying
0 Kudos
Robzor
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 113
Flag for a moderator

To block the number which I have done on my s6, I went into the green phone icon and tapped the 3 dot icon in the top right. From there you go to settings, then blocked numbers and add this filthy number. Job done Smiley Very Happy! They pestered me from december 2016 till a week ago when I found out I could block it. I did ask to be removed 3 times when I rang 789, still they never removed me.

Hope this helps anyone who needs to block! 

tonymac27
Joining in
Message 48 of 113
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Tim,

Apologies that I didn't clarify that information. Yes,  0800 183 6408 is a Virgin Media number.

When Sales call a customer, three things are required in order to process the offer:

• Account security (memorable word requested)
  • Account holder (verify the account holder's name because they have to speak to the account holder and security words can be given by people other than the account holder)
  • Address on the account (some customers may have multiple accounts at different addresses, so this is also verified on the call)

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
tonymac27
Joining in
Message 49 of 113
Flag for a moderator

I have had this call numerous times and couldn't understand what was being said. I am deaf therefore do not use the phone. I have had continuous calls to my mobile (which I use for texts and email) which I have blocked but still they ring and leave silent messages on my voicemail. Can this be stopped please.

I repeat I cannot take calls of any kind so it really is a waste of your time and especially mine - very irritating. T Mac

tonymac27
Joining in
Message 50 of 113
Flag for a moderator

not sure if you have read my email but I can't use any telephone so please get these calls stopped. Tonymac

0 Kudos