Menu
Fifi2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0333 charge or not?

Can anyone advise if a call to an 0333 number should be included as part of my unlimited monthly package? OFCOM state that calls to 03 numbers should be but VM are telling me no....

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 0333 charge or not?

Hi Fifi2

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've not been given a precise answer to your query on calls to the '0333' number.

Let me clear things up for you...

I can confirm that calls to all numbers beginning '03' are charged exactly the same as standard landline numbers (01 and 02 numbers) as AlexKid mentioned.

This means if you have inclusive calls as part of your mobile package, you wouldn't incur any extra charges for calling this number and it would come out of the inclusive allowance.

Apologies again that you didn't get the clear response first time around, but please give us a shout if we can help out with anything else.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fifi2,

03 numbers should be treated the same as 01 and 02 numbers.

If your tariff includes airtime minutes or landline minutes then this should also cover numbers beginning 03.

I have made several calls this month to numbers beginning 03 (not trebble 3) and they have been covered by my allowance.

What are Virgin charging you?

Have you called customer services on 789 (free) to question this charge?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Fifi2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response - I have spoken with a Virgin Mobile team member (goodness knows where) but not much help. I gave him the specific number (a UK based insurance company) but all he could say is that there are different 03 numbers and he couldn't really confirm whether it would be included in my package or not - fantastic customer service eh?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Fifi2

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've not been given a precise answer to your query on calls to the '0333' number.

Let me clear things up for you...

I can confirm that calls to all numbers beginning '03' are charged exactly the same as standard landline numbers (01 and 02 numbers) as AlexKid mentioned.

This means if you have inclusive calls as part of your mobile package, you wouldn't incur any extra charges for calling this number and it would come out of the inclusive allowance.

Apologies again that you didn't get the clear response first time around, but please give us a shout if we can help out with anything else.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Cara51
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media tried telling me this as well so I told them ABSOLUTELY they are WRONG.  They had to cave.

0 Kudos