Menu
tomthemill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

youtube app stuttering

youtube app is stuttering and sometimes freezing up completely.

I've already reset the box

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: youtube app stuttering

Yes.....it's at it again after a few months of relative quiet. No point in resetting the box or listening to any comments from VM. 

It is impossible to understand the mentality of VM when this stuttering was supposedly resolved after at least 2 years of frustration.

For it to reappear shows a remarkable lack of understanding and commitment to the product and customers.

VM never learns and I dont think they ever will. Maybe one day a new owner will treat customers with far more respect and intelligence.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this tomthemill,

Is this happening via an individual set top box, e.g. TiVo® or V6? Or via a smart TV? If via equipment with us, do you have more than one set top box and is this fault happening on one or more?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tomthemill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

it's happening on my tivo box

i haven't checked the other 2 yet

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

HI tomthemill

I'm sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with the Youtube app at the moment, it would be great if you're able to check any other TiVo boxes you've got at home but I'd also like to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

Unfortunately I've not been able to accurately locate your account using your forum information so if you'd like me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomthemill

Thanks for sending me the information, I've been able to run some tests on the set top box from our end and we're not detecting any major errors at the moment but some of the signal isn't as strong as we'd like it to be. 

Are you experiencing issues with your On Demand or Catch Up service at all? Or any other applications? 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pnefc
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
I'm having the same problem on my TiVo box, it's been doing it for some time.
I only have 1 TiVo box and have no problems with other devices such as OD
Please can you look into this for me

Thank you

Antony
0 Kudos
tomthemill
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

i've checked the service status and there are problems with on demand

i only use the youtube app so i wouldn't know if the other apps are working or not

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Antony,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I have checked the signals to your TiVo® box and I can see there are some problems so I'm just going to send you a private message as I'd like to get one of our engineers to take a closer look.

You'll find this message if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomthemill,

Thanks for your reply,

Craig_D is away at the moment but as you have mentioned the box is freezing up because of this app then I'd like to send one of our engineers to find out why this is happening.

I'll just send you a private message so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see it there Smiley Happy

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos