Menu
matthew894
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

youtube app not loading at all

for the past couple of months my YouTube app on TIVO will not load just loads to YouTube logo and goes no further. getting frustrated now as i use YouTube a lot.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: youtube app not loading at all

Hi Matthew984,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting Smiley Happy

I am very sorry to read that the YouTube, hasn't been loading properly on the TiVo, when this happens it's usually because you've got a song or video in mind!

I would like to help but have found I'm unable to look into the account. I've sent you a 'Private Message' with a request to for some additional information. You can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi matthew984,

Thanks for getting back to Ben with your details Smiley Happy  My name is Collette, as Ben is off at the moment I wanted to pop by and help out.  I hope that's ok?

I have been able to have a look at this for you and all looks great signal wise.  Are you still not able to access YouTube today?  If so let me know.  Also if you can tell me if you have any trouble with other apps like BBC iPlayer/Netflix etc that would be great.  

It's also worth trying out a service connection to ensure your TiVo® is fully up to date.  To do this follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This process will take around 5 minutes but can take longer.  Once completed give YouTube another try and let me know how you get on.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
matthew894
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T, 

I have tried the instructions you said for me to try. still no luck.

I have attached photos to show what exactly happens.

when youtube logo  loads does not go any further no matter how long i leave it 

Thanks Matthew

20160524_170719[1].jpg20160524_170726[1].jpg20160524_170742[1].jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply and supplying the images, that's been massively helpful Smiley Happy

I have checked this further and since we last spoke a network issue has been raised.  The issue is, there is high demand on the network which is impacting all apps used via the TiVo®.

This will mainly occur during peak times and this has been escalated to our network engineers to work on.  Due to the nature of the work required it may take some time to resolve.  We will be expecting an update by the 21st July 16 if things haven't improved by then, please give us a shout and request an update.  There reference number for this is: F004461942.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused during the time.  If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos