Menu
bbonlyw3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

would like BOTH old terrestrial TV co-axial cable (and Virgin Broadband service)

Virgin Media.jpg

I recently decided to get rid of my TV and phone package (and just keep the Virgin Broadband service).  I would like to still be able to watch my old terrestrial TV channels again (using a Freeview box), but unfortunately when Virgin installed my TIVO box & WIFI router, they took out my old TV aerial co-axial cable during the installation.  Is there a way for Virgin to put my old TV aerial back in (as well as my being able to keep on using their broadband service)?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: would like BOTH old terrestrial TV co-axial cable (and Virgin Broadband service)

I've seen this before with several neighbours' installations ... a bodge job.  So much easier for the lazy installer to rip out your terrestrial aerial cable than have to drill a separate hole through the wall for the new installation.  It's appallingly shoddy work and is vandalism in my opinion.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: would like BOTH old terrestrial TV co-axial cable (and Virgin Broadband service)

VM contractors are notorious for doing this when replacing Sky installations. The fact is they should ASK if they can use the existing holes in the walls for the new installation.

Sadly I don't think you will get anything out of VM for a retrospective replacement. VM techs are only paid/insured to work on VM equipment. Even if they did agree to do it (themselves or otherwise), there is no fault with the VM service, so you would end up paying about the same to VM as you would to a local aerial installer to do the same job. There is also no guarantee the rest of the old aerial system will be in good working order, or if it is pre-switchover whether it covers the correct set of channels now used in your area.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos