Menu
bobber4000
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

wish i'd never left sky

hi there,

I got a call from a sales advisor from virgin just as I had come up to the end of my special offer price with sky and the monthly costs were soaring. I must add that I was with virgin before. I was completely satisfied with sky and had no complaints whatsoever. the virgin advisor talked me around by offering me everything I had with sky ( absolute top package ). on installation day the engineer, let's call him 'mr happy', was booked to fit one TiVo box in one room. WRONG!. I wanted multi room as discussed with 'del boy' the sales advisor. mr happy said there's nothing he could do about it. fair enough I thought. i'll sort it out with sky later. after the engineer left I started flitting about through the channels only to find that sky sports wasn't in hd. right...... so I rang sky and got the usual wait, approximately 1 hour. when I did get through and the advisor told me that multi room would be another x amount and that sky sport hd would be another x amount. well my skin was starting to turn a different redder colour than normal and I blew! !! it all got sorted in the end to cut a long story short. I could go on but I won't. catalogue of disasters totally. to be honest, if I had known about the issue of tv anywhere not being available because my mobile is too new I wouldn't have swapped in the first place. TiVo slow, multi room box basic, bad broadband reliability, bad coverage throughout the house, all these issues just weren't there with sky. sob!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: wish i'd never left sky

Are you within your two week cancellation window? Also if you've been advised of a price hike you can cancel within a month without penalty (I think- you'll need to search the forum for a definitive answer. Not sure if two weeks or a month) 

0 Kudos