Menu
dho1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

why no amazo prime??

Got Neflix and others so why no Prime?? come on vm sort it out!!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: why no amazo prime??

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Would that it were

amazon have got to write an app to out on TiVo which they may or may not want to do. VM have got to approve the app.  It was rumoured to be happening but that was some time ago so who knows. 

0 Kudos
tankstage
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, and? They also have a better Tivo than us. Completely different over there to over here. You need to natter Amazon not Virgin Media.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I get round this by having a smart TV that supports the Amazon Prime app. At my other house I have the Amazon Fire box.

My daughter streams to her IPad and connects to her TV HDMI port 2.  Several ways of skinning this cat.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated at not having the prime app on the TiVo I opted to get this blu-ray player which kills two birds with one stone. Small unit, great quality for blu-ray and has a shed load of apps including prime, iplayer etc already installed. Works flawlessly over WiFi but also has an ethernet port if you wish to connect it to the network that way.

tankstage
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TivoFan wrote:
Yes, and? They also have a better Tivo than us. Completely different over there to over here. You need to natter Amazon not Virgin Media.

Yes, they also have better remote's.

BUT the code will be 99% the same, so little needs to change to make it work on the VM TiVo.

I was just pointing out to the OP that it's not impossible.

0 Kudos