Menu
Tuning in
Message 51 of 118 (551 Views)

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

This has just happened to my TIVO.
97% last night.
56% today and a ton of stuff has just gone BUT the biggest issue is that none of it was in recently deleted folder just a couple of programmes there.

This is a big pain in the harris Virginmedia !!!! I've lost a lot of series linked episodes on series I hadn't got around to watching like Arrow, Elementary and Flash. As well as all of the recent Doctor Who series.

Not good enough and is it actually enough of issue to expect a refund for the TIVO services that we pay for ???
Tuning in
Message 52 of 118 (523 Views)

Help on 150 ...... not much help !!!!!

Surely Virginmedia ought to refund based on this bug as we are not getting the service we want, service not fit for purpose

Tony
Community elder
Message 53 of 118 (501 Views)

I know in advance that some people will disagree with this but it has worked for me since I got my Tivo nearly five years ago. In that time I have never had a programme deleted, unless by me, and I still have programmes recorded years ago.

I record everything I watch, even if I intend to watch it live, and whenever I set up a new recording, single or series link, I always set it to KUID, except for football matches as I expect to watch them live or nearly live. I also tend to delete most recordings once watched although, as I said above, I still have some long-term unwatched programmes recorded some time back.

I am aware that some people advise against using KUID as often as I do but it works for me.

I have a Cisco 1 TB box with Suggestions on. As a result of  the recent box-swap programme, my V+ was swapped for a Tivo, another Cisco 1 TB. I have deliberately decided not to use KUID on this box, I am not deleting any recordings at the moment and I will see how this goes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 54 of 118 (494 Views)

This issue has been going on for a while now its happened to me 3 times phone calls to 150 don’t help they claim never to have seen the problem before.

I used to fill the tivo with so much that it even gave me a critical space warning.

Now if it gets 50- 60% full it decides to empty the recently deleted folder and delete a random selection of my recordings

Joining in
Message 55 of 118 (447 Views)

Hi Terri,

Apologies for rather long delay in responding!

It's hard to say exactly what programs went missing but for definite there was a half watched episode and a full unwatched one of the BBC's Napoleon documentaries. There were also a number of episodes of Place in the Sun (I think the "winter sun" version) but when on your advice we rebooted these seemed to come back.

We also seem to be missing episodes of Cradle to Grave.....

Any suggestions gratefully received!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 118 (431 Views)

As I hinted at earlier, very easy for VM to fix. Just turn off the automatic disk management and let the users control what gets deleted, contrary to what they may believe we are not a bunch of idiots. As an ex software developer I do not believe this would be rocket science.

At the moment I have to waste considerable time doing the opposite, fighting the system making sure it does not delete stuff.

A response from VM here would be appreciated, waste of time calling support !

From my point of view this only became a major problem in the last couple of months, though I recognise others have seen it for longer.

Thinking of sending the TIVO back and asking for a V+ instead.

Joining in
Message 57 of 118 (399 Views)

Further one that keeps happening - programmes record by themselves.

This lunchtime I noticed we were recording master snooker on bbc2 - there's only 2 of us in this house & neither have any interest in watching snooker!

I regularly delete stuff we that we didn't record.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 58 of 118 (393 Views)

gcfalco wrote:

Further one that keeps happening - programmes record by themselves.

This lunchtime I noticed we were recording master snooker on bbc2 - there's only 2 of us in this house & neither have any interest in watching snooker!

I regularly delete stuff we that we didn't record.

That sounds like you have suggestions turned on. To turn them off go Home/Help and Settings/Recordings then click suggestions and turn them off in there.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 59 of 118 (381 Views)

Olly,

Sorted thanks!

But how did it get switched on in first place?!?!?

Never mind, at least I know what to do if it happens again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 60 of 118 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]

Glad I could help, no idea why it suddenly switched on. .program glitch or maybe some remote key hit combos that did it by accident. 

At least you know how to turn it off if it happens again Smiley Wink

0 Kudos