Menu
Reply
  • 29
  • 0
  • 8
beejeh
On our wavelength
706 Views
Message 41 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

Would be useful if user could specify turning off of TIVO's disk space management in the settings and manually control deletion.

  • 528
  • 16
  • 96
mbonnick
Rising star
700 Views
Message 42 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass


beejeh wrote:

Would be useful if user could specify turning off of TIVO's disk space management in the settings and manually control deletion.


Absolutely, I agree.  Complete control and if there is no space left then it doesn't record.  It tries to be too clever and fails miserably!

  • 36
  • 0
  • 2
sueysue
Tuning in
677 Views
Message 43 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

I have just been into my suggestions to find everything up to yesterday has been deleted! I check it everyday because of the unacknowledged anywhere by virgin 50 recordings limit to preserve the dozen or so shows I would like to watch means constant deleting of shows I have no interest in.
My disk is around 32% full and has never gone over 48% so this random deleing has nothing to do with running out of space
The TiVo deletes are not in the recently deleted folder
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 167
  • 1
  • 15
Shugg
Up to speed
665 Views
Message 44 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

I have 100 recordings and, as far as I know, none have ever been auto-deleted. Suggestions are always off.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 29
  • 0
  • 8
beejeh
On our wavelength
635 Views
Message 45 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

I realised that prior to my TIVO's recent spell of "misbehaviour" my viewing habits had changed.

I have been very busy with other things and not had so much time to watch TV. I have been recording lots but not watching and deleting as much as usual.

Although it might just be coincidence, I'm wondering if this somehow triggered a "bug" in the firmware which started the recent problems off.

Since I have cleared some of the viewing backlog, things have settled down a bit, but I still think this is a problem that VM need to address. I am now having to ensure that I protect all recordings with "keep until I delete" to make sure I don't lose stuff, which makes setting up recordings and series links more complex, as there is no option to automatically specify "keep until I delete" in the recording options, another shortcoming IMO.

My disk is still under 70% full, I have suggestions turned off, and I don't believe planned recordings would fill the disk, so I don't know what is going on in that box of tricks' software created mind !

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 12
  • 0
  • 4
martinbaker
On our wavelength
586 Views
Message 46 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

Christmas Eve and suddenly our percentage of space used dropped from 43% to 29%. Checking My Shows showed that half of the shows we were saving up to watch over the Christmas period had vanished. Absolutely fuming and even more disgusted to find this thread proving they have known about this problem for months if not years.

Rang VM and spoke to an engineer who admitted they had had a problem for 'over a year' (how difficult is it to fix a problem?) . Thanked him for being honest with me but this doesn't help me one bit. We are paying an absolute fortune for this 'service' and their policy seems to be deny,deny,deny. It certainly isn't 'we really need to fix this as a matter of priority'.

What the hell do you do when Virgin Media are being less than helpful. This is really unsatisfactory.

 

 

  • 29
  • 0
  • 8
beejeh
On our wavelength
586 Views
Message 47 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

 

 


martinbaker wrote: 

Rang VM and spoke to an engineer who admitted they had had a problem for 'over a year' (how difficult is it to fix a problem?) . Thanked him for being honest with me but this doesn't help me one bit. We are paying an absolute fortune for this 'service' and their policy seems to be deny,deny,deny. It certainly isn't 'we really need to fix this as a matter of priority.


At least you got an admission of a problem from VM, I just got spun a load of b**ls**t, and they did their best to make me feel it was my fault - totally unsatisfactory.

  • 25
  • 0
  • 4
maljackson
On our wavelength
557 Views
Message 48 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

This has happened to me. Last night my Tivo deleted around 20% of my recordings. It was around 75% full. Now it's 55%. This is the second time this has happened to me. All my recordings are default "keep till space needed." The `deleted programmes` folder is empty. A reboot didn't restore the deleted prog's. Interestingly, my first message about this, posted a few months ago, cannot be found... Mal.
  • 4.32K
  • 104
  • 1.16K
frank_gm
Community elder
534 Views
Message 49 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass


maljackson wrote:
This has happened to me. Last night my Tivo deleted around 20% of my recordings. It was around 75% full. Now it's 55%. This is the second time this has happened to me. All my recordings are default "keep till space needed." The `deleted programmes` folder is empty. A reboot didn't restore the deleted prog's. Interestingly, my first message about this, posted a few months ago, cannot be found... Mal.

This one :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tivo-deleted-about-20-of-my-recordings...

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
  • 167
  • 1
  • 15
Shugg
Up to speed
513 Views
Message 50 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

This is beginning to look like a job for Trading Standards.  Virgin's plug doesn't say, "You can record on 3 tuners but we'll delete your recordings on a random basis whenever we feel like it."