Menu
Joining in
Message 11 of 118 (1,239 Views)

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

Thanks for everybody's help. I have now set all recordings to keep until space needed and have a max of 25 episodes (with some set to 5 or 10) for each series link and see how I go from there

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 118 (1,221 Views)

Hi Geoffgil,

Thanks for the update.  We're here to help so will be great to see how this goes after you'e tweaked some of the settings.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, you know where to find us.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 13 of 118 (1,202 Views)

Collette_T

Can you give us any updates as to when the issues with programs deleting automatically even when set to KUID is going to be resolved.  I have mentioned it numerous times on this forum and in fact if you go back to the very first page of this forum about 6 posts from the bottom a guy called MattF had exactly this problem and it is still happening to some of us today????

0 Kudos
cg5
Joining in
Message 14 of 118 (1,162 Views)

I agree, would love an update. I have this problem very regularly though my box is under 75% and I have no series links or suggestions. I had a Virgin engineer come out a couple of months ago but he was baffled. Just have to manually set KUID every time I schedule a recording, which is a pain, otherwise the programmes record and then are deleted within a few hours with no hourglass warnings etc. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 118 (1,126 Views)

Just my two pennies worth. My TIVO box only shows the hourglass and the "3 day warning" on Doctor Who recordings from the Horror Channel. I assumed this was something that was being introduced to sell Box Sets. Doctor Who's recorded from BBC 1 are not affected. My disc has never been over35% full. I have many other older series linked recordings in their folders without any warnings. Ray

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 16 of 118 (1,106 Views)

To be fair, that's probably more to do with the fact that there are so many showings of Doctor Who on the Horror Channel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 17 of 118 (1,094 Views)

TivoFan wrote:
To be fair, that's probably more to do with the fact that there are so many showings of Doctor Who on the Horror Channel.

and how many episodes you have set it up to keep

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 18 of 118 (977 Views)

Today I came home to just 38% of my recorded programmes. TiVo had deleted over 40% during the day all by itself. First phone call I wasn't believed. Googled problem and rang back saying I wasn't the only one apparently. Spent most of early evening on phone trying everything suggested and it's still same. I have lost old programmes and brand new ones and the last two episodes of series I was watching. I have lost those that were padlocked and no one's series three quarters of what was padlocked. Just waited for final instruction to reconnect to network and again it's just the same. What with the broadband only giving under half that was promised isn't it time Virgin Media started giving some money back? I work all week have little time to sleep so what would be nice is to sit and watch a programme when I do get to sit down that I've paid handsomely for to record to actually be there. From what I've been reading this is not a new problem so why don't the folk who answer the phone know about it instead of saying it wasn't virgin media's doing it must be you. No. I know what was and should be there. I know what to do and how to reboot and delete and get things back out the deleted etc etc etc All the excuses fired at me I'd covered before I rang. VIRGIN MEDIA YOU HAVE A FAULTY SYSTEM EXCEPT FOR WHEN YOU TAKE MY MONEY AND YOU GET THAT RIGHT!!!
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 118 (970 Views)

jhutch1 wrote:
Today I came home to just 38% of my recorded programmes. TiVo had deleted over 40% during the day all by itself. First phone call I wasn't believed. Googled problem and rang back saying I wasn't the only one apparently. Spent most of early evening on phone trying everything suggested and it's still same. I have lost old programmes and brand new ones and the last two episodes of series I was watching. I have lost those that were padlocked and no one's series three quarters of what was padlocked. Just waited for final instruction to reconnect to network and again it's just the same. What with the broadband only giving under half that was promised isn't it time Virgin Media started giving some money back? I work all week have little time to sleep so what would be nice is to sit and watch a programme when I do get to sit down that I've paid handsomely for to record to actually be there. From what I've been reading this is not a new problem so why don't the folk who answer the phone know about it instead of saying it wasn't virgin media's doing it must be you. No. I know what was and should be there. I know what to do and how to reboot and delete and get things back out the deleted etc etc etc All the excuses fired at me I'd covered before I rang. VIRGIN MEDIA YOU HAVE A FAULTY SYSTEM EXCEPT FOR WHEN YOU TAKE MY MONEY AND YOU GET THAT RIGHT!!!

You are right this is one of many very long standing issues that gets reported regularly, yet nothing ever seems to be done. There appears to a philosophy that Tivo is the best thing since sliced bread and it is so perfect VM don't even appear to have a faults database. I think they might wake up one day and wonder where it all went so badly wrong. 

This user has left the community.
Forum Team
Message 20 of 118 (949 Views)

I'd like to welcome you to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with your TiVo® deleting your recordings.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and have a look at your TiVo. I can also see that when you called in, my colleague from the Faults Department advised you that there is a known issue with this that our engineers are working on.

Due to the complexity of the issue, there is a delay in the resolution; however, we are working to get this fixed in the future.

When we receive an update regarding this issue, we will let you know. Please check back to see if there are any updates, and in the meantime, please continue to follow the monitoring instructions that my colleague gave when speaking to you.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos