Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 91 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is TIVO box deleting programs on-mass

What's going on?  This topic is coming up as "Solved", who by?

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 92 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Shugg wrote:

What's going on?  This topic is coming up as "Solved", who by?

Because way back when the thread was first started , the OP marked an answer as helpful because it addressed his issue. 

Subsequently the thread began a life of its own.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
john20
Settling in
Message 93 of 118
Flag for a moderator

what a load of old rubbish from virgin 2 years later and this problem is still happening. they have told me it must be i have a corrupt hard driuve and are going to change box. if that does not work i am of and stuff any contract they will have broken it with their shoddy inept service

Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 94 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I've reached the point where I'm going to give up and pull out contract with Virgin .
It's been doing this now for 1&1/2 years more and more regular
Went to bed last night capacity was about 85% full
Today it's 55%
And absolute disgrace it's now 2016 and there is post on here going back years .
Why would you make something with the default option is for the machine just to decide what to delete when where Or how .
Absolutely ridiculous .
When you set your program and it's not even like it gives you the option than to decide how it will be deleted , they really can't be concerned about their customers if this can be going on for so long
Kossoff
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 118
Flag for a moderator

1 TB - is mine been doing it for about two years - just went from high 80s % down to fifties %
last night .

I'm going to buy a PVR
And give up using virgin after I watched what I've recorded - it's going I'm actually sick of it
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 96 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kossoff,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that you've lost many of your recordings.  I understand this has been ongoing for some time for many, I'd like to take a look further at your box if that's ok?  If you can please get back to my private message as I would like to request further details if that's ok?

Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
blueboy76
Joining in
Message 97 of 118
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem pretty much since I had my TiVo box, used to think it was because I had to much on it but it's been happening now when my box is on less than 40%.  

The last week it has deleted programs or not recorded them on every single day, it records partial programs if it does at all.  

I have no series links, saved programs and record everything manually if possible.  

I'm set on leaving virgin, I work long hours so a recordable box is a must for me.  

I know this has been marked as resolved but I'd still appreciate some answers!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 98 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Hello blueboy76,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue with your TiVo® box.

I would like to take a look and go through further diagnostics with you to get this issue resolved so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martinbaker
On our wavelength
Message 99 of 118
Flag for a moderator

blueboy

IF they help in any way can you post on here because we would all  like to know - don't know why they are keeping it so secretive. My bos is having similar problems now - having lost 40% of my programs on Christmas Eve last year now it is just not recording things I've asked for. **bleep**?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 100 of 118
Flag for a moderator

Hello martinbaker,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems recording on your TiVo® box.

Have you been able to check the Recording Hiccups?

You will find this option in Home - My Shows & Records - Recording Hiccups.This will show you anything that has failed to record and the reason why. Failed recordings can be down to a number of reasons, one being when one or more programs clash with each other.

I'm happy to go through further diagnostics with you to try and get this issue resolved.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos