cant program control box to operate TV

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: volume control

Hi fishman2,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not had much luck syncing up your remote to your TV. 

Have a look at these links here: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=95D97C20-8F5A-4566-9D9A-204B569A3C51

You'll find the step by step instructions and the remote control code that you need. 

Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fishman2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for reply have tried that my TV is not on the list it is a technika purchased from Tesco the one on the list is a diverant spelling

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fishman2,

Thank you for coming back, I'd love to help more here and would just like to know if you have tried this method in particular?:-

Programming your remote using a code search

The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
  2. Press and hold down  and  at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  3. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.
  4. Press channel up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
  5. When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on.
  6. Press  and  to check that the remote is working with your TV. If it isn't working continue to search using channel up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 5 and 6.
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press  to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.

There may be codes that are not available with us yet however we are always looking to improve the amount we have.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
fishman2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i have tried all suggested methods but no good thanks:

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fishman2,

Cheers for trying that and coming back so soon, I'm sorry that method hasn't worked. After looking into the website the codes below, (and link I found them in), are the only codes we have for that TV model. I would recommend using the codes when at stage 3

*'Enter the code 0999(<<< insert one of the codes instead) to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.'

TV remote codes

TECHNIKA codes -  0491 / 0061 / 0062 / 0044 / 0195 / 0312 / 0101

I really hope this helps for you and keep in touch.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos