Menu
rcoley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virgin network connect

As I understand it, virgin tivo connects to the network every few hours to update and ensure that the tv guide is up to date. I did a little test earlier today as i noticed that sky sports 3 on virgin was saying that the vanish football was on. it wasn't. i checked sky and they said it was on sky sports 5 behind the red button. i performed a manual network connect and it updated the tv guide to show that sky sports 3 had the tennis on (urrrgh), however it didn't show/say that the spanish football was on sky sports 5 behind the red button. clearly some work to be done by virgin here, namely a shorter period between network connections (perhaps 30mins) instead of every 6 hours (i say 6 hours because when i turned the tivo on, it does a network connect (6:58pm) then said it's next scheduled one is at 00:12

Or is there a setting i can dabble with so i can have the network connection updated on a more regular and beneficial basis?

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin network connect

This has been covered before and calling back any more regularly would cause issues. VM get 4 drops of guide a day from my understanding  and the callbacks are timed to pick these up

0 Kudos
rcoley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, that kinda makes sense. However, I don't think it's working as it should be as when I did a refresh 40mins after it updated, the TiVo corrected itself of sorts

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the main epg download is daily (weekly in the case of the 1 - 5 channels, and their derivatives - usually starting Thursday, finishing up Saturday, maybe Sunday). normally on the first or second post midnight connection though it has been know to slip on occasion.

epg corrections can arrive on any of the 6 hourly connections.

if you do force a connection, make sure you give it a good 30 mins to an hour after it claims to have finished - there's still some background processing going on.

rcoley
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks sjp123, I think anytime I'm going to record any sports I'm going to do a manual connection because I've been caught out 2 out of 2 times
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if it's flagged correctly as a live sports event it should offer some extra post padding - if it doesn't don't forget to add a bit on yourself.

0 Kudos