Menu
annajoynt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin media tv catch up doesn't work and Virgin can't be contacted for help

We have the 'on demand is temporarily unavailable' This has now been unavailable for 2 months. It is impossible to contact Virgin Media to get assistance. My housemate took a morning off work to trying to contact Virgin online, but with No success.

Our internet - supposedly 5G and the 'strongest wifi signal available' does not extend beyond the ground floor. We were advised there would be 'no problem in a 3 storey house'.

It is a poor service, Virgin. Please would you contact me to sort this out.

Many thanks

Anna 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media tv catch up doesn't work and Virgin can't be contacted for help

5Ghz does provide the best performance connection, but is also the most affected by obstructions, so the bigger your house the worse it works. If you are working over 3 floors you need to either use 2.4Ghz or install WiFi boosters. The "on demand" issue is most likely an upstream signal issue that would require a tech visit.

If you have a VM phone (Landline or Mobile) ringing 150 at around 8am should give you the best chance of getting through. Failing that, the Forum Team here can follow this up, but you may be waiting a while for a response from them.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
annajoynt
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media tv catch up doesn't work and Virgin can't be contacted for help

Thanks Nodrogd, we also have the 2.4Ghz and still no internet upstairs (in our tiny house) so yes we'll have to get wifi boosters. Will try the 8am phone call re on demand tech visit.
Cheers
Anna
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi annajoynt,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting an error when using On Demand and also trouble with the Broadband WiFi connection.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your TiVo® remotely and all looks fine signal and power level wise.  Are you still getting any errors when using On Demand today?  If so, let me know and I can help further.

If you can also let me know if you see a flashing light on the front of the box when you get this error that would be super.  One other thing, if you can tell me if the error message gives you a number to quote, that will help me narrow down what the issue maybe.

In relation to your WiFi connection, drop a post to our Networking and wireless team here.  I'm sure we can help get things working better for you.

I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos