Menu
MrEvilScot
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

using a media pc as a remote for TiVo

Does anybody know how to drive TiVo from a PC through the Ethernet port. I can list the recordings on the box bit I can't see how to play a recording. I want a simple way to do this... Actually what I want is to dim the lights before playing back the TV's program, which means replicating the listing functionality on the PC. At least it would be the same interface as my DVD collection.

I thought I'd pick the community's mind before rather than the TiVo's mind interface.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: using a media pc as a remote for TiVo

Its going to be a bit of a faff...

Im assuming you are wanting something like what KODI does as in dimming lights when a movie starts?

If you are fairly au fait with macros it should be do-able.

Ive sent you a link for some software that does what you want. Ive no idea if its officially sanctioned or not so I dont want to post it here.

0 Kudos
MrEvilScot
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: using a media pc as a remote for TiVo

Actually it was a Kodi plugin I wanted to write. What I would like to replicate is the 'catapult' trick on the iPad.

you are right, the faff would be the remote key press simulation that that app replicates. Telnet I believe. Since I have no idea where it would be screen wise.

I would like to know if the original author is still wit VM, pick his brains and raise a glass to the late OFIAH.

0 Kudos