Menu
steve020359
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

usb on the back on a tvo box

does anybody no what the usb port on the back of a tivo box is for the instructions says not used but why is it there. can a  external hard drive be plugged into it or a flash drive. anybody .please help  to what can it be used for

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: usb on the back on a tvo box

Nothing. The instructions mean what they say. It has not been enabled.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
steve020359
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

so why is it there then if not to be used

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I seem to recall that it has been suggested that it could be used for copying or connection of external devices BUT VM's use of the TiVO design does not include these features. The broadcasters won't licence for such use for fear of copyright infringment. Might have better to have blanked it over. I also seem to recall that it can be used to charge up devices via a USB charging cable but there are easier ways of doing that than using a TiVO box.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it'll work a keyboard ether wired or wireless and a bluetooth adaptor for the tivo remote with a built in keyboard

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Id like to know what the usb on the back of the box is for..if we could plug in external hardrives we could record much moore without worrying about space..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..