Menu
jennox123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

upgrade offer

I was called today and offered a tivo box just for the cost of post and packaging, as I don't have a tivo box at the moment I was very interested. Speaking to the operator it became clear that I was being offered an upgrade on my package  I'm sorry to say that I declined the offer because I couldn't fully understand the representative fully and now I am sort of regretting my decision trouble is I think it was a one time offer oh well live and learn   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade offer

HI jennox123

Sorry to hear about your regret and for not being able to fully understand the representative you spoke with.

If still interested, I'd recommend giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 to see what offers are available for youMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

RegTheDonk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry Jen ... I'm also a long standing customer who only has internet and phone.  VM phone me about every 3-4 months offering me a virtually free Tivo box. Coincidently I had a missed call from them yesterday, probably the same offer, and my Sky deal is up soon so I may take them up this time.

They'll call again.

RegTheDonk
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sure enough...Geoff from VM called me this afternoon, nice chap. Offered me a Tivo box with basic package and an upgrade to my broadband for an extra 53p. Turned him down though as there's no point me cancelling Sky because I've got a multi-room and movies for less than the going rate with VM. I've never tried to play Sky off Vs VM to get a better deal, perhaps I should next time.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RegTheDonk,

Thanks for posting!

If you ever do decide you want a TiVo, let our team know what sort of deal you're getting with Sky. We might be able to match it, maybe even beat it!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RegTheDonk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

I do fancy Tivo as I like the idea of Netflix and some other apps, but there's not much point in phoning as whenever your reps call and I say "yes that sounds great but with Sky I'm getting multi room plus sports and movies for £50 (admittedly no internet) but I've had Sky since it started) the best your rep can do is £70 odd which includes a loyalty bonus - and that's for just one box.  I have a lot of stuff recorded on the Sky boxes still, so I cancel that and I can't watch them.  Plus, my main TV is in the back room now and I'd need extra 20m of cable which will also cost me.

Pound for pound, Sky is much cheaper than getting the premium stuff through anyway VM, so while I really would swap as I've always found the VM staff to be helpful whenever there's been a problem, you simply cannot match the price.  I'd always stick with VM for the internet though, there's no comparison there for the quality.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RegTheDonk,

Thanks for the response.

I can see where you're coming from. I would say it's still worth checking with the team every now and again to see if there are any new deals.

We recently released a sneak peek of our brand new Virgin TV V6 box on twitter. When that comes out, I can imagine there will be deals available for the new box as well as the TiVo®.

Also, if you did get a TV install the technician would be able to install cable to the back room as part of your install at no extra cost.

You're right about our broadband too, it's definitely the best!  Smiley Very Happy

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out