Menu
stevef
Superfast
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ungrouping my shows

Getting ear ache from my wife moaning about "my shows" being automatically grouped after the latest firmware update, looked round for an option to put it back to showing individual episodes but can't find one, have I just missed it or is it no longer possible? 

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: ungrouping my shows

I've just discovered I'm on the new software which I wasn't yesterday. I have series link+ so that's a thing!

you don't appear to be able to do anything other than have groups in in date order or in name order

if name order helps press the yellow button. 

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I hope there is a way as just found its not possible to pick which episode in the group to play. Pressing play on the group just starts playing all of them in order. She likes to keep several episodes of a show and be able to go back and rewatch scenes from earlier episodes, not possible now 

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

found pressing the ok button rather than play does list the available episode, so not quite as major a  problem . Cotton wool in the ears and it's all good again

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ha! That's good to know. That's the trouble with new software! 

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So this time I press OK on a folder containing 2 episodes and it gives me a list every episode ever, had to press play to get it to play the first episode I had recorded. This thing is getting more and more difficult to use.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevef,

Thank you for your comment in the Community and letting us know how you've been getting on with the service after the update. While we understand that this may need a little teething time with the new look, we do take on board feedback and appreciate your input Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Wish I could get rid of the series link empty folders by default. There are empty folders I would prefer my children not to see and the only way to delete them is to cancel the series link.

This update has also slowed the UI to an unacceptable level. We now have to watch a black screen for anything up to 30 seconds when going to a recording in my shows and again going back to live tv.

Well done VM you have broken a usable working system yet again....poor show, poor software, poorly thought out update which has been poorly tested. 

Beginning to expect the fact that all the new stuff you crow about won't work on such a memory limited and ancient piece of hardware. 

Is there any way to roll back system updates?

stevef
Superfast
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Thank you for your comment in the Community and letting us know how you've been getting on with the service after the update. While we understand that this may need a little teething time with the new look, we do take on board feedback and appreciate your input 

Ben

Hi Ben, maybe you could educate me on how I play the 2nd episode in a folder containing 2 episodes, if I press play it starts with the first episode, if I press OK it gives me 6 seasons contains each containing multiple episodes. I have pictures but forum won't let me upload them ... too big.

I just had a thought, my series link+ is set to new only  all channels including streaming, I bet the 2 in the folder are actually recorded and the other 50+ are streamable, tho it must be ignoring the new only in that case.   

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I checked the link+ and it wasn't set to include streaming but was for new & reruns but I only had 2 shows recorded so no idea why it's listing every episode ever.

0 Kudos