Menu
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

uncorrected codewords on the tivo box

Hi Virgin 

Can some one look into the tivo service in sheffield S6 has its reporting uncorrected codewords which looks like noise again in the area if you could also check with broadband and see if their any noise on the line with the net as hub3 does not tell you with the codewords.

also the tivo box keeps turning its self on from this.

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: uncorrected codewords on the tivo box

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about the problem you are having with your TiVo service and broadband.

Checking this, I can see that there is a known issue in your area:

Fault Reference: F004758877

Description: We are undertaking some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

This will also cause your TiVo to automatically switch on when updates are sent out.

The estimate date that this work will be completed is currently set to: 30 NOV 2016, however, please be aware that this is only an estimated time and this date can change due to complexities within the work required to resolve this issue.

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thanks for getting back to me about it. Yeah I know the work being done just that its the code words which says they is noise on the line.

Could you check my other account in s5 because I have 2 tivos there and upstairs one keeps turning its self on the one in the living room doesn't do that.
Cheers
Shaun
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaun,

The checks I ran earlier were on the two TiVos in S5, sorry I wasn't aware that you had a second account. I've rerun the tests and both boxes are still showing fine, no issues seen on either box.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Cheers I don't know what's up with that one then.

Can you check my other account then in s6 because its noise on the line which will effect tv picture. That only has one tivo box with broadband.
Cheers
Shaun
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaun Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting back to the Community Smiley Happy

I would like to help and have already tested both accounts to find the TiVo is working really well, with no signs of signal issues or dropouts. 

I would like to know what error message you are receiving precisely?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I went this weekend to my mums and looks like they maybe sorted it no more codewords moving.

also could you get in touch with someone from sheffield to come and fix my cab door cos its wide open and its been like that for nearly a year since i got virgin installed they had to break in to the cab cos the door lock was broke to get my connected i have on many times phoned up and reported it also got jen on here to do it and evey tech what has been has as well but nothing seems to be done about it.

i would like some feed back when someone comes to fix it. 

cab reference number is 207203 

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Shaun

Good news about your mums TV service seemingly working as it should, thanks for taking the time to let us know.

As for the cabinet door, is this something you've already reported? I'll be more than happy to chase this up for you. If you've not had it reported through our Cabinet Doctor service then let me know and I'll get that done as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Yes I've reported it. Jen_A has too loads of techs have reported it but in nearly a year since it was broken into to get my virgin installed no one has come and fixed it! Is there any way you can get in touch from someone Sheffield to go and sort it out? Cos just reporting it its not working no one been to fix it in nearly a year.
Cheers
Shaun
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaun, 

many thanks for your message back to us, I'm glad that the original issue on this thread has been resolved. As for the cabinet, the Cabinet Doctor would have been notified and I'm sure that the team will investigate this is more issues become apparent. Also if this has already been reported to Jen, then this would have been sent to them already.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos