Menu
gringo200
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

tv pixellating same time every day

I have a problem with my Tivo Box in that it keeps pixellating. This happens at the same time every day, always between 3 & 4 and can last for anything upto 2 hours, after which it stops! I have checked all cables and connections and they are fine. There is enough space around the box for ventilation (the fact that the pixellation stops after a time would rule over heating out?)

anyone else have this problem? Has anyone any ideas?

thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv pixellating same time every day

Hi gringo200

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you'er experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box, at the moment we're seeing no problems with the TiVo at the moment. I'm in the office until 4PM today so I'll get another test run between 3 / 4PM later and I'll let you know what I find Man Happy

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gringo200
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. Will keep you informend as to what happens today, around 3-4 

0 Kudos
gringo200
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, so far today every thing is fine. Don't know if it is something to do with the tests you ran or may be 'sod's law', but all fine. 

Will keep an eye on things and give you an update on monday.

thanks for your help so far

Gringo200

0 Kudos
gringo200
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Friaday update: intermitant pixellation started from 3.15pm on all channels.

Noticed that when looking at the "guide", whilst the guide itself has no pixellation, the video in top right corner has. This also occures when looking at list of "my shows". 

watched a recorded program and had no problem at all.

Should be noted pixellation is not as bad as normal but still bad enough to warrant a complaint.

cheers

gringo200

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey gringo200

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I've been able to take another look at the TiVo and we're still not seeing any issues with the historical data.

I'd like to monitor the connection over the next few days and get back to you if that's ok? With the intermittent issues they're a little harder to identify.

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gringo200
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

don't know what you have done, but things are a lot better. For around 3 to 4 weeks we have had terrible problems with pixellation, but since you 'tested' the signal things have improved.

Friday, 7 to 7.30, slight pixellation on and off

Sat, Sun and today, has been fine, no pixellation at all.

will send you an update at the end of the week, but fingers crossed things are all fine now.

cheers

gringo200

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gringo200

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let me know about this. 

Keep me posted if anything changes, although I hope you're able to use the service as you want now Man Happy

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
gringo200
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Bad news, it has started again! Started around 3.15 this afternoon and has got gradualy worse. It is on all channels.

As before, when loading the guide, the guide itself is not affected, but the video (top right) is. 

The tivo box is not hotter than usual, all connection are fine and secure.

There is no problems with the internet or telephone.

Help?

gringo200

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gringo200,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear the fault continues for you.

I have carried out various checks for this and at present the signal/power levels are fine.  Given you've checked the connections and ensured the box is well ventilated I will arrange for an engineer to call out and check it out for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos