Menu
megsteve
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere app

Happy days at long last You Tube working again on tivo ...all be it juudddeerrrryyyyy..but can someone explain why I cannot find what I want on You Tube on my phone and simply press 'watch via tv ' only a very few of my package programmes let me do this ?????
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere app

At a guess because you copyright holders of the videos don't want them playing on the Tivo or similar  devices

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi megsteve

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Is it through You Tube or TV Anywhere that your having this issue? As your describing two different issues your title heading is in regards to TV Anywhere and within your post you mention You Tube.

If you can clarify this then we can get the correct resolution for you.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
megsteve
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Basically I followed all the on screen instructions to link my phone to tv -having put in the onscreen password etc. phone told me congrats sucesss but if something says watch on tv or phone my phone still doesn't work as 'remote' -it would be handy if it did as You Tube navigation is a pain on tv....and as for wach on phone very few progs seem linked to wifi ..hope this explains ...
0 Kudos
megsteve
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

...should have read watch on phone ..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi megasteve,

Thank you for your reply and clarifying that information for us. Apologies that you are having issues connecting your phone to your TiVo® via the TV Anywhere app.

First of all, you won't be able to navigate the YouTube app on TiVo® via your phone/TV Anywhere app, but I certainly agree with you that this would make it easier to maneuver through the YouTube content. I will pass on your idea with our Development team.

What you can do via the TV Anywhere app connected to the TiVo® as a remote:

• change channels
  • search through the On Demand library
  • pause, rewind or fast forward 

The channels you can access via the TV Anywhere app depends on the TV package that you subscribe to with Virgin Media. To see what package you are on, you can log into My Virgin Media via www.virginmedia.com and it will show your package.

Here is a list of the available channels on the different packages: 

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=6B477A16-15D4-41F6-AC01-A3D6E52F6CC9

Click on download our printable channel guide. Refer to the key at the top of the page to find the channels available on your TV subscription via your TiVo® box.

To see the channels available via the TV Anywhere app, CLICK HERE

Scroll down to: Channels you can watch on the go and then Click to see all channels available on the go

Click on your TV package and the available channels will show below. On these links, you can also see what channels are available on the other packages, which is a good way to make a comparison between the different packages.

If you would like to make a change to your TV package, you can do this on the Virgin Media website, via My Virgin Media (as noted above), or through Online Chat (on the Virgin Media website, click Help > Contact Us > choose a topic: TV > tell us more: Change your package > Chat Online). Or you can call in on 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on with this and if I can be of further help.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi megsteve,

Apologies that I referred to you in my last post as megasteve!!  Looks like I was having a 'should've gone to Specsavers' moment.

I'm just checking back with you to see if your TV Anywhere is now working for you.

Drop me a line to let me know if it's all working for you now, or if you are still having issues with the app.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos