Menu
foxxio4444
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

transfer from Tivo to pc

Any way of transfering shows from Tivo box to pc as they can in the US?  Tried entering my Tivo service number on the webpage to get set up, but just says to ring Virgin Media!  I'm guessing we're still governed by overly-strict copyright rules despite paying more for our services than they do in the US!  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: transfer from Tivo to pc

No.

Is the short answer. If you really want to extract shows its possible in real time in SD by taking the SCART output though a digitiser. Not really very handy.

But on the plus side we pay less for our services. Dunno where you get we pay more,

VM the Big Easy - 41.99 after discount 18 month contract

Comcast Xfinity - 74.53 ($99) after discount - 24 month contract.

0 Kudos
foxxio4444
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks and as you say not very practical!

Well I'm being charged nearly 70 quid for that bundle. My friend lives in the US and has movies and sports and far more other channels than I have for less than I'm paying as a loyal customer of nearly 10 years Would be nice to be treated as well as new customers are!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As an existing customer, all the bundles are available to you at the advertised price (after initial discount)

You do need to manage your account, which involves phoning in when any deal you are on expires. As long as you are okay to sign for another 12 months, youll get a discounted bundle in return. I negotiated a loyalty discount too. So Im paying less than you for 200Mbps, XL TV and top line phone package, and an additional TiVo. Ive been with them 15 odd years, so obviously I'm not getting initial discounts or anything.

Give em a ring- 150 from your VM landline, thinking of leaving us is the option you want. If you get through to offshore, hang up and redial.

Youll certainly save money if you are not currently on one of the advertised bundles Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
foxxio4444
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for that. I'll give it a whirl!
0 Kudos