Menu
mattsaggers
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tivo

I just had my tivo box and lost my recording so not happy why can't we back the box up to portable disk. I don't mind if it encrypted.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo

Hi mattsaggers,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I wanted to pop by and see how I can help.  Have you just had a new TiVo® installed, or is this due to a box swap after a fault?  Or has some recordings deleted without warning?

If you have a TiVo®, have you had a look at the 'Deleted Folder'?  

If you can tell me more I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mattsaggers
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Collette,

My Tivo got stuck on start up screen so had to be replaced, I just think there could be an option to backup the recordings to USB drive even if due law and rules on those shows they are encrypted so should this situation happen again then I could have restored them back as the other way would be to get some sort of PVR to convert it so I can store it on NAS or DVD which I can then have control over its backup.

Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Matt,

I see, yes it down to legal restrictions that recorded content cannot be saved or transferred in any way to other devices I'm afraid.

It certainly would be a very handy feature to have if we could have it.  

I am not sure if you we advised you of this, however whilst recordings can't be saved when the box is swapped or hard drive fails but you can restore details relating to Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings.  It's especially useful if you haven't had a chance to make a note of what you have saved or you have a lot of Series Links and Thumbs Ratings data stored.  

You can find the details here: How to copy TiVo® settings.

I hope it will be of some use as it can be a real time saver.  

I'm sorry that we couldn't save the recordings lost.  It's also worth looking at our On Demand guide online as it may have some of programmes you had recorded available there, so I hope all is not lost.

Should you have any further queries or you are in need of our support, the community is here to help.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos