Menu
dpimbley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tivo remote

Just had TiVo box installed. Discovered that the remote channel change button on the remote changes the input device on my Hisense TV to DTV. Any suggestion for sorting this problem

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo remote

Hi Dpimbley,

Thank you for coming in and posting for the first time, I'd like to offer you a welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

My apologies for the remote, it should be able to be linked up to your TiVo box and TV easily by clicking here and following the instructions for resetting the remote first and the programming it again Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and let me know how it all goes.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dpimbley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

Looking at the guide I can see that I can program the Tivo remote to operate some functions on my tv but I cant see how to stop the tivo channel change button from switching the input device on my tv.

regards
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dpimbley,

Thank you for your reply,

I was referring to unprogramming the remote control first and then trying to programme it again to ensure that it's been correctly applied. Can you give that a go and get back to me when you can?

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dpimbley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have reset the remote and tried all the codes for thhis sense TV. It is still changing the source on the TV when I press the CH button

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dpimbley,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear this hasn't worked.

This is an odd one.  I'm guessing the TiVo® box is very near to where the TV is.  Does it happen if you have the TiVo® remote control right up in front of the TiVo® box?  

I'm not suggesting this as a work around but may help rule out what may be happening here.  If you can give this a try and let me know how you get on.

A last resort would be to get a new remote control which you can do by following the advice from this post: Replacement TiVo® Remote Controls

Keep me posted. I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dpimbley
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We had a virgin engineer to sort out our phone line and he tried 3 other TiVo remote control but they all did the same. He thought it was due to the His sense TV having codes in common and suggested we contact them Not sure what they could do.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there dpimbley, 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, as I doubt very much that there is anything that we can do to combat this issue, as both devices are using the same frequencies. 

I do have a suggestion which may help you on the occasions when you do need to press the CH button - if you have a smart phone or tablet that allows you to download the TV Anywhere app, then connect your TiVo® to your broadband, and use the remote via the TV Anywhere app - this does not send a radio signal, so would not affect your TV. 

Another way is if you press the OK button and then scroll down using arrow keys, this way you won't have to use the CH buttons. 

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos